UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » radiator s4

Old 22-12-2020, 02:29 PM   #1
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuggy View Post
Just to make me out a liar, bill was sitting on the mat in today's post...

So an extra 25 quid (12 and a half for VAT, 12 quid to PF as their fee) to the quite stonkingly reasonable Flea Bay price. I ordered November 30th and PF have had it since the 17th.

Of course, if you can get it from someone in the same country (or even continent), that's gotta be better - although some of the other skywave-uk stuff lists as shipping "From China", sooo...
Yep, that's the one. What did they say about the lack of fan mountings?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Yep, that's the one. What did they say about the lack of fan mountings?
As you know, S4 rads don't have the mounting tabs on the outside, like the others... I asked because many things about the radiator fixings are puzzling/not obvious if you've not taken one apart (like, HTF do those little rubber hats do anything at all, much less support the rad).

I've been a little reluctant to dismantle a bike that's both working and shows hints that the fit of the incorrect part(s) may not be entirely correct... Thought I'd save all the excitement for one go

He said:
Quote:
If you look at the original radiator, the fans are not mounted on the side but instead locked into place through the core with your original fans and “bolts/plugs”.
The parts diagram only shows the screws on the fan side; the "plugs" must be considered part of the radiator... But if that's all they are, pushed through the core, shouldn't be too hard to select a suitable orientation (measure twice, cut once, eh) and swap them over...

These were the pictures he sent:

Last edited by spuggy; 22-12-2020 at 04:16 PM..
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote