UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » 900Sie bits, Baglux tank cover, bar ends

Old 29-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #31
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Please accept my apologies for underestimating your experience with epoxy Jez.
As an apprentice served boatbuilder I have used 'poxy in many forms over the years and despite it's many uses, have come to realise that it is a very widely misunderstood and miss-used material.

I still think that using it to re-finish Carbon is taking the path of most resistance, and the video seems to reinforce my argument about the mess it makes.... Those curtains round the edge!.... And then it needs to be lacquered anyway, so why not just go with lacquer from the start... It smells of aniseed drops by the way..

I can't see an un-reinforced coat of epoxy giving a carbon moulding any strength, since part of the manufacturing process is to eliminate as much resin as possible anyway.
Sometimes a thin coat is put into the mould before the carbon is laid up, which keeps the weave off the surface and gives a much better finish, but is not done for strength.
Sadly no such coat on Ducati mudguards and huggers!
Old 29-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #32
norvin998

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Also ....
How's that pillion grab rail fitted ?
Is that a faded carbon front mudguard ?
Here's a couple of pix of the fixing for the grabrail. Its just 4 clamps onto the seat rail. A very neat & simple solution. I thought it was OE until I looked at other bike pix.

https://postimg.org/gallery/1243b3vha/

The carbon isnt so much faded as dull. I'll have a word with the guy who daubs my trackday fairings & tanks. I guess that is an "industry std" lacquer? Want to get some miles up first though & get a feel for the bike.
Old 29-12-2016, 07:57 PM   #33
norvin998

Thanks Gary, know what bar ends I'm looking for now
Cheers
Mike
Old 29-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #34
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Oh, that's neat .. I'm glad I asked now.
Ta.

For background .. I've been messing about with prototype, quick-detach, grabrail/rack constructions for years now.
The current (fully working) version is maybe the third incarnation ....in 22mm copper pipe.
It attaches via clamps to the grab handles (plus a fixing to the rear ends of the frame tubes).
I rather like the simplicity of the attachment system of your design though.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2016, 09:52 PM   #35
norvin998

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Oh, that's neat .. I'm glad I asked now.
Ta.

For background .. I've been messing about with prototype, quick-detach, grabrail/rack constructions for years now.
The current (fully working) version is maybe the third incarnation ....in 22mm copper pipe.
It attaches via clamps to the grab handles (plus a fixing to the rear ends of the frame tubes).
I rather like the simplicity of the attachment system of your design though.
I'll measure up the tubing & take off a clamp tomorrow. The whole thing looks very simple - as all the best designs are - & could easily be repro'd if no one can recognise the manufacturer.

Wonder if it was a Renntech? They do very similar tubular rails for a lot of bikes

Last edited by norvin998; 29-12-2016 at 10:07 PM..
Old 29-12-2016, 10:09 PM   #36
Cobra88

I have the small baglux bag but its dark blue not black
Old 30-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #37
norvin998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra88 View Post
I have the small baglux bag but its dark blue not black
Could be a winner, dark blue would be better than my light blue/white version. The one I have is about the size of a shoe box , maybe a little smaller, its ideal for carrying a days worth of kit instead of packing every jacket pocket. PM me with some pix & what you'd like for it. Thanks Mike
Old 31-12-2016, 08:08 AM   #38
norvin998

Quote:
Originally Posted by norvin998 View Post
I'll measure up the tubing & take off a clamp tomorrow.
Took a few pix of the set up. Its 16mm steel tubing & the brackets appear to be stainless. Non-magnetic & too heavy for alloy. Bolts SS too. Replaced them with washers under the heads. Doesn't seem right to tighten a bolt down onto a finished surface without a washer beneath.

https://postimg.org/gallery/1jx6nomxq/

Mike
Old 31-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #39
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Hi, If you still have the Baglux to fit my 900 I'm interested, Cheers Mike. PS cant PM you as your mailbox is full..
Hi Mike.

I've just dug it out of the wardrobe and its a "Bagster" not "Baglux" sorry, my bad. I lied! Couldn't remember, well it begins with a B!

Anyway it looks to be the same as this one, but without the Monster logo:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tank-prote...8AAOSwOdpX1Fc2

Let me know if that will still work for you and will either post some pics or PM me your email addr.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #40
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Bagster/Baglux tank bra:-

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 04:45 PM   #41
norvin998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Bagster/Baglux tank bra:-
Looks good Darren PM or mail me with what you would like for it
Mike
Old 31-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #42
spuggy

Quote:
Do you know if it would have been necessary to adjust the mapping for the Termis? Curious as its the first injection Duc. Extra midrange is a "real world" performance gain, +5 bhp at 11k rpm might excite some but 5ft Lb extra torque at 5k is more to my taste.
+1.

Just a datapoint/opinion you might find useful; I bought my 900ie with high-level Sils (no baffles), stock airbox and ECU.

It seemed to run great. Little delicate below 3 grand, clutch feathering needed in traffic. Some fit a different front sprocket to lower the gearing.

Fitted a DP ECU, high-level DP 'zorsts and the DP airbox cover. NOS kit - except it came with a stock ECU in the box, someone had that away... had to source a DP one, lucked out and got one cheap on Flea Bay...

Transformed the bike, night and day difference in low-end/mid-range torque.. It's obviously much happier; just open the throttle and it pulls.

Moto Rapido (and doubtless others) can flash the DP map onto a stock ECU.

There's some free software that probably (site is in French, but I think it supports the correct ECU) lets you tune the map with a 10 quid cable, or use the Power Commander to intercept/piggy-back on top of the stock sensors/ECU.

Plugging in a factory part seemed like a lot less faffing around to me...
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #43
spuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
I'm not sure if they all had the same handlebar or whether the 900Sie had a different bar.
My parts PDF lists the same handlebars for 00 & 01, both 900ie Darks and 900Sie look to have 360.1.023.1A, while Stein-Dinse (I can't locate a PDF for < 00 900s) show a different part #36010122C for 98/99.

I just bought a NOS pair from a Ducati dealer; they're thick-wall ally...

The bend is certainly different; the ally bars have less sweep than the steel 01 bars, which I think might make for a more natural angle on the wrist.
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 04:25 PM   #44
Pablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Hi Mike

Glad to see you're already on the slippery slope of personalising your Monster; you do realise that the process never ends, don't you?!

I may be able to help feed your future addition as I have a set of these three Lightech black billet aluminium reservoir caps for standard Brembo reservoirs.

They are virtually as new with no scratches or corrosion. If they're the sort you're after, drop me a PM.

I've also found these original steel bar ends from my S2R. These came from "fat bars" so I'm not sure they're your size. They're currently bare metal so they'd need painting. If your bars are hollow-ended you'd also need some expanding plugs to screw them too.

Hi - Long shot. Any danger you have those S2R bar ends knocking around? I've just lost one!
Thx
Paul
Old 21-10-2021, 05:20 PM   #45
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
You're in luck, Paul. I've tracked them down and if you PM me your address I'll pop them in the post tomorrow, no charge.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote