UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » 900Sie bits, Baglux tank cover, bar ends

Old 20-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
norvin998

900Sie bits, Baglux tank cover, bar ends

Having just bought a Black 2001 regd 900Sie I'm now looking for a few bits to make it "mine". Has anyone got any of the following they'd like to part with please?

Black Baglux tank cover & small bag or just the cover.
OE bar end weights - missing after bar end mirrors fitted & removed
Higher clear touring screen similar to some MRA/PUIG types, not massively bigger than std.
Black caps for clutch & brake reservoirs.

Was going to take the Termis off but the sound grows on you doesn't it

Thanks MIke
Old 20-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I've a baglux cover going spare, no bag though. I'll dig it out if interested. For goodness sake keep the Termis. If they're high level they add quite a bit of midrange, so not just for show.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #3
norvin998

Sounds good! Both bike & offer. Would very much like to buy the cover. I have a couple of bags from previous bikes which will do the job - assuming they have kept the same "footprint".

The high levels I didnt like the look of at first & they seemed quite noisy when I "auditioned" the bike but now its home they sound different & more mellow. Maybe it was the sound bouncing off the vendors garage walls or something but it sounded louder & far less attractive.

Do you know if it would have been necessary to adjust the mapping for the Termis? Curious as its the first injection Duc. Extra midrange is a "real world" performance gain, +5 bhp at 11k rpm might excite some but 5ft Lb extra torque at 5k is more to my taste.
Old 21-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #4
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Hi Mike

Glad to see you're already on the slippery slope of personalising your Monster; you do realise that the process never ends, don't you?!

I may be able to help feed your future addition as I have a set of these three Lightech black billet aluminium reservoir caps for standard Brembo reservoirs.

They are virtually as new with no scratches or corrosion. If they're the sort you're after, drop me a PM.

I've also found these original steel bar ends from my S2R. These came from "fat bars" so I'm not sure they're your size. They're currently bare metal so they'd need painting. If your bars are hollow-ended you'd also need some expanding plugs to screw them too.

Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #5
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I'll post some pics of the tank cover when I dig it out. I may have some time this weekend.

Old 21-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by norvin998 View Post

Do you know if it would have been necessary to adjust the mapping for the Termis? Curious as its the first injection Duc. .
Yes it is the first ECU to appear on a monster, but I think they were also fitted to SS models a little before. As such they are very simple with a bare minimum of sensors.
I did know the model number of the ECU but it eludes me now and I can't find it in my Manual either!!

I believe the problem with re-mapping it is that there are not very many parameters to adjust and not many points on the graph?
I believe that a power commander is needed to apply new mapping? But I have never played with mine so I'm guessing really... Why would I with such beautiful power delivery and nearly 70 mpg?
Old 21-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

If it has the Termis already, chances are that it will have the necessary DP ECU and open air box as they were a kit from Ducati.

I think the DP ECU will look something like this:-

http://duniamotor.com/assets/img/pro...er_900ie_1.png

Its the same as the standard ECU but with a red sticker over the old one and a new code number to specify the DP map.

Old 21-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
norvin998

It has Termis but the airbox is std with the "trumpets. Haven't delved in to the electrickery yet but will do to check out all the connectors. A pal with several 900s under his belt advises a close look at the alternator connections so thats a plan over Xmas/NY as the weather looks to be horrid.

Pix of the Baglux would be nice but as long as its a 1268U (think thats the black model #) it'll be the right one. I've had them on every bike since the mid-80s & cant say a bad thing about them. From BMs to Kawas & Aprilias they do the job asked of them.
Old 21-12-2016, 08:00 PM   #9
norvin998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I may be able to help feed your future addition as I have a set of these three Lightech black billet aluminium reservoir caps for standard Brembo reservoirs.

They are virtually as new with no scratches or corrosion. If they're the sort you're after, drop me a PM.

I've also found these original steel bar ends from my S2R. These came from "fat bars" so I'm not sure they're your size. They're currently bare metal so they'd need painting. If your bars are hollow-ended you'd also need some expanding plugs to screw them too.
Caps look good will PM you later, thanks. The bar ends are probably not going to fit as they are steel bars with a 12.5mm core diameter & I dont have any expanders. I'm thinking I might just turn up a set in black Delrin & tap them in the ends.

Cheers
Mike
Old 21-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #10
norvin998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Why would I with such beautiful power delivery and nearly 70 mpg?
I'm certainly not going to mess about with it at any point if I can avoid it and with that sort of mpg why would anyone if the bike preforms to your expectations. I wonder if people tuning or "improving" 2 valves would be better just buying a 4 valve model?
Old 21-12-2016, 08:59 PM   #11
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by norvin998 View Post
they are steel bars with a 12.5mm core diameter
They are probably alloy bars with that wall thickness.... Standard fitment on the Sie.
Try a magnet on them.
Old 21-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #12
norvin998

Quote:
They are probably alloy bars with that wall thickness.... Standard fitment on the Sie.
Try a magnet on them.
More information....learning every day! Thanks.
Old 27-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #13
norvin998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Hi Mike
Thanks , they arrived AOK , looking good in black on a black/silver bike. Why would you use red caps? Resisting the temptation to change the Oberon clutch slave....just cos its red.
Cheers, all the best for '17
Mike
Old 27-12-2016, 09:53 PM   #14
norvin998

Quote:
Ally bars as you say...turned up a couple of caps in black Delrin to take my gaze off the offending open ends until a set of OE ones turn up. The originals were taken off to fit "dentists mirrors" in the bar ends & subsequently lost....pity the mirrors weren't.

I never understand why people change perfectly functional parts for parts which are "different/cool" but dont do the job as well as std ones do. If you want indicators for modern traffic conditions then why fit stupid ones in the taillight & minis at the front & then wonder why "white van man" ran up your arse when you braked to turn left or the School run lady pulled out of the road just as you turned right into it thinking you were speeding past? Both examples of recent local accidents to bikers with "cool" mini LED flashers.

Mr OE stuff
Old 27-12-2016, 10:22 PM   #15
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

I'm with you all the way on most of the original equipment, although some can be improved upon.
The mirrors were one of many things that impressed me when I first discovered Monsters. I stuck with the originals on my first Monster and will continue to do so with the present one, I think they are all part of the classic Monster silhouette.

I had a dentist's mirror when the Sie first came home, but fear not, people pay good money for them, so don't chuck 'em in the bin. .. Funnily enough I also had some of those red caps!

I'll send a photo and some dims of the original bar ends, so you know what to look for.
They're nothing special. Mine need a cheer up with some paint or something.