UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » 1100 Evo Rear Sprocket (again)

Old 09-11-2020, 08:20 PM   #1
makemdan

Bike: M1100evo
Thanks for the leads, I'll give those suppliers a ring tomorrow

Regarding the 520 chain, as long as the clearance either side of the sprocket body is the same I think its may be OK. My S2r and 748 both ran on 520s, the 748 had more power than the Evo but made it in a different way. I've had a look at specs for other Ducatis and the Monster 821 uses 520 but the S4R and 1200 both use 525. There must be a reason for the difference so I'm cooling to the idea and I'm going to park the sprocket on the "needs more investigation" shelf where it can gather dust for a while. Or maybe look for a bike that uses a 520 chain.....hmmmm
makemdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #2
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemdan View Post
Thanks for the leads, I'll give those suppliers a ring tomorrow

Regarding the 520 chain, as long as the clearance either side of the sprocket body is the same I think its may be OK. My S2r and 748 both ran on 520s, the 748 had more power than the Evo but made it in a different way. I've had a look at specs for other Ducatis and the Monster 821 uses 520 but the S4R and 1200 both use 525. There must be a reason for the difference so I'm cooling to the idea and I'm going to park the sprocket on the "needs more investigation" shelf where it can gather dust for a while. Or maybe look for a bike that uses a 520 chain.....hmmmm
Have a look at some Kawasaki's, I think they have a few running 520's