UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi from Bobson! (Rob)

Old 18-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
Bobson

Hi from Bobson! (Rob)

Hi All,

I have been toying with the idea of getting a bike for a long time now and after my friend has just passed his direct access and bought his first bike I have stepped up the idea of getting one!

I lived in Florence, Italy for a year during uni and while out there I totally fell in love with the Ducati monster!

My grand plan is to do my direct access this winter and get a bike between now and next summer. This will give me a summer to get used to the bike and know it inside out. Then the following summer I plan on taking 3 weeks to a month to travel round Europe on a monster. Ideally I would love to ride to Italy as I always said I would love to travel up and down Italy one summer on a bike stopping anywhere and everywhere I could.

My interest may fade over time but I'm taking the first steps in researching monsters and getting into motorbikes in general and their reliability, insurance etc etc.

I am a longstanding member of a Honda CRX forum as an enthusiast and the forum they have is great and I have enjoyed for a good few years now. I hope this place follows the same lines and I can learn a lot whilst I am here.

So hi everyone, I look forward to being part of the forum!

Rob.
Old 18-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi there, welcome and good luck with the direct access... winter might be a tough time to do it, but will get you used to adverse weather conditions so probably for the best given the weather we get!
Old 18-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
Bobson

yeah I'm really open to how I will proceed at the moment, I think late November may be the best time to do it. I'm after becoming a good rider rather than just passing my test.

I will be delving into the depth of the forum in the coming weeks.

I think I have already sourced a nice diesel motor so step one will get me closer to getting away form the money pit that is my crx at the moment!

Cheers for the hi

Rob.