UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Biker Friendly Cafes/Hotels etc » Riding in Europe ...

Old 16-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #16
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
just look at those twisting mountain roads
http://www.bikemotel.nl/cms_uk/image.../front_air.jpg
Methinks a Harley would be more appropriate.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #17
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post

Got me thinking, anyone from UKMOC (i.e. CK, Gary etc) up for a trip to Ghent?

Cheers!
Marky
Marky - you know we'd love to accompany you anywhere

But.......... we are just about to the hilt in annual leave, as so much is for racing etc (we do have a week to ourselves in Sept tho - we hope!!)

Why not come along on the Assen trip - dump your stuff with us & go on trips out on the Fri/Sat before the big race on the Sun (see dates in the race section). I have already booked the ferry for early Thurs morning that week

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #18
Marky

Hi CK,

I'm booked for Cyprus from June 3rd to June 10th although I probably wouldn't be that interested in doing a WSB/MotoGP meet, I much prefer the St Lo kind of idea, you know riding around and exploring the 'B' roads during the day.

If your holiday plans change at all then let me know.

Good luck with Team Knight for 2007!

Cheers for now
Marky
Old 19-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #19
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post
Hi CK,

I'm booked for Cyprus from June 3rd to June 10th although I probably wouldn't be that interested in doing a WSB/MotoGP meet, I much prefer the St Lo kind of idea, you know riding around and exploring the 'B' roads during the day.

If your holiday plans change at all then let me know.

Good luck with Team Knight for 2007!

Cheers for now
Marky
That isnt a WSB/GP weekend mate - its the annual Dutch Ducati fest - Ducati's ONLY on track for 3 whole days!! you should hear the packed paddock... from 7am till midnight....

I know what you mean tho - must try & sort out summat eh?
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #20
gjfevans

I've always fancied Ghent, about 2 hours from Calais? Ghent's meant to be a well cool place, very medieval but not as touristy as Bruges.

Got me thinking, anyone from UKMOC (i.e. CK, Gary etc) up for a trip to Ghent?

Cheers!
Marky[/QUOTE]

If you like to party then the Ghent Festival is the place to go
http://www.gentsefeesten.be/english/index.htm
Ten days of live music, street theatre and drinking. I have been three times now over the years for long weekends (I dont think I could last much longer) and I cannot begin to tell you how good it is. Very well organised and policed with lots of free entertainment and fantastic Belgium beers all in the centre of the historic city
Old 02-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #21
bad-yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK & AK View Post
Bob, a good 1st trip is Portsmouth - Cherbourg.
A nice bimble off the ferry south to St Mere Eglise (still got a parachutist hanging from the chrch in the town square, must be a dummy! ) & pretty town to wander through.

Plenty of nice cheap accomodation in St Lo further down the road (only about 100k from the ferry in total) - with good roads to rideout to the Normandy beaches, see the huge memorials, also not far to Bayeux (of the tapestry fame). Great local eateries.

Where ever you go - have a good time

C
Did a similar trip last year, but did Dover, Calais Then to a little town called Le Crotoy (Lovely little village and the Hotel is cheap with a lockup for bikes), then on to St Mere Eglise and then basically messed around northern France for 4 days, then to Cherbourg and home.

The French seem to be alot more Bike friendly people wave etc and more to the point they seem to notice you and give you plenty of room, it totally changes my perspective of them.

One thing to bear in mind (sorry if covered didn't read whole post) quite alot of the gas stations are automated and only allow French Credit Cards, we got caught out and stranded without fuel as a result....lol you should see me n a 748 with a fuel can bungied to the tank.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #22
sadbiker

Get out clause is wait for Car to turn up and politely ask if they could put in 10 euros worth.... Had to do this for same reason couple of years ago.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #23
Linny600

Well, guess none of you decided to drop us a line here....

and just for those of you who don't know... we do actually have twisties... and we ain't far from some really nice forests and twisty hilly roads in the North of Germany...

Speak nice to me an I'll even let you use the Tom Tom with a pre planned tour!!