UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » SE Motorcycles says hello to our fellow Monster riders

Old 28-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
3364stevec

SE Motorcycles says hello to our fellow Monster riders

Hi everyone, Please check out our other posts under "new workshop near Sevenoaks" as we are thinking about an open day (our 1st) on a Sunday pretty soon but TBC. with a very decent BBQ etc....we have a good friend who is a chef so we should be in safe hands there!

It would be simply be to allow any Monster riders out for a Sunday blast to stop off, meet up with us and see what we are all about, relax and have a food and drink stop before continuing your blast.

We are a friendly bunch and have a great stop off location for our business.

Look out for us at the Italian day in Horsham 6th April we will be on the run to Moto di Marino and then on to Horsham as per last year.

We are also not arrogant enough to think the world and their pillion will arrive on the day....so can I test the water by asking "who would be up for it"?

Best wishes

Steve
SE Motorcycles
www.semotorcycles.co.uk
Old 28-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
nuttynick

The Monster guys meet on the 2nd Sunday of each month, and the DOC meet the 4th Sunday, so I'm sure you'll get a few takers!
Old 28-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Maybe we could all meet on the same Sunday for a change?
Old 29-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
nuttynick

Sound like a plan!
Old 29-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
3364stevec

Do you want to come back to me with a date for both Monster and DOC to meet at SE Motorcycles and we will get organised?!

Steve
Old 02-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
3364stevec

Hi Everyone

Looks like this month 15th and 29th are the next regular meeting dates.

How about a combined meet up at SE Motorcycles on 29th April?

If the weather is good we will be BBQ'ing if it's not so good we will have "indoor" food etc. We have the space for both.

As far as we are concerned this is a social event and a chance for you to meet us and see what we can offer, we don't bite and are bikers so are looking to enjoy the day as much as you hopefully do too.

Also, we are happy for our location to be used as a regular meeting venue in the future and to offer support to the club and members as best we can.

Please let me know ASAP if the 29th April is a workable date, if I will look at other dates.

All the best

Steve
Old 02-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
nuttynick

I can't see a problem with that, it gives me plenty of time to mail details out to DOC members and maybe organise a ride out on the way ;-)
Old 03-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
3364stevec

Excellent, I will work on the basis of the 29th April unless I hear otherwise.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

This doesn't appear to clash with any pre-arranged UKMOC event

I'll make sure Alan C and the Kenties are aware of the BBQ proposed date
Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
3364stevec

Thank you Gary
Old 23-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #11
3364stevec

Hi everyone, just a reminder that we are still planning to have a BBQ on Sunday 29th April (indoors if its wet weather!)

Hopefully see you Sunday from midday for a informal natter and food.

Steve
Old 25-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Steve,

The current forecast for Sat/Sun is pretty dire, although it's so unsettled it makes anything difficult to predict at the moment. If it's going to be as bad as forecast (lashing down) is it worth postponing until a little later in the year? I appreciate you may have a contingency owing to the "if wet indoors" comment but the turnout could be poor, especially of bikes if it's nasty.

Not trying to be a pessamist more of a realist... what do you think?
Old 25-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
Nottsbiker

Weather its shocking up here in the midlands so I'd imagine lots of folk aren't planning on doing anything right now
Old 26-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #14
3364stevec

Hi Everyone

Just looked at the weather forecast for the weekend and it was not at al the one we/I wanted!

I think the best action now is to postpone the event. We would run it as planned but I am VERY concerned about riding conditions and the effect the weather would have on the enjoyment of the day.

Thanks for your support and understanding and I will advise a new date very soon.

Steve
Old 26-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Hi Steve,

Think it's a wise call - I'll keep in touch