UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » M1100s in Oxfordshire(?) - Hi!

Old 28-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
1100steve

M1100s in Oxfordshire(?) - Hi!

Hello UKMOC,

Pending a demo ride tomorrow I shall be trading in my Buell xb12s for probably one of the last unregistered M1100s'

The Buell has been GREAT fun but the expiry of the warranty, dwindling support and the time bomb of a gearbox has been playing on my mind.....that and 'just popping in' to Riders whilst working in Bristol last week and seeing a gleeming 1100s there awaiting collection - made me think i've got to get me some of that

They have offered me good money for the Buell and fantastic deal on the Monster, which I guess reflects the imminent release of the evo, personally give me a bit of Ohlins bling over ABS and DTC any day of the week - so I guess I got in there just in time

If all goes well on the demo ride (why wouldn't it!?) I am going to wait a bit and take delivery of my new '11' plate monster on the 1st March

It will have to stay pretty standard barring a tail tidy for a while as it will clean out the 'toy fund', but i'm sure i'll be needing some advice on pipes, opening the clutch up etc etc etc in due course

A few questions if you don't mind.....

Is there any difference between MY09 and MY10 1100s'?

and

Does anyone have any experience good or bad of the SC systems exhausts? They appear to be very well priced compared to Termi's for example...

BTW...this gets me very excited:

Take it easy....

Steve
Old 28-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
walpole68

If only they made that system when I had my 1100s :-( no difference between the 09 and 10my,look out for a dp performance ecu if you go for that system,change the gearing get some rear sets and go and have a lot of fun. :-)
Old 28-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
1100steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
If only they made that system when I had my 1100s :-( no difference between the 09 and 10my,look out for a dp performance ecu if you go for that system,change the gearing get some rear sets and go and have a lot of fun. :-)

Thanks

"had" an 1100s? You can't have kept that long

I've read alot about changing the front sprocket to a 14T, is it really that bad at low rpm? It can't be much worse than the Buell I figure!!
Old 28-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
walpole68

Had it 2 years,was one of the first ones,I went up 2 on the rear rather than 1 less on the front,more expensive but wanted new sprocket,sprocket carrier and gold chain.all ducatis are over geared for noise and emissions laws,just a small change makes little difference to top speed and will now rev out in top gear,plus cruise in top and wheelie in 3rd if that's your thing :-) a great mod that doest cost a fortune.
Old 29-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
1100steve

Cool, I shall stick it on the ever growing wish list!!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #6
1100steve

Talking

Well I did it!!

The Buell is being picked up tomorrow and sent to Germany and I get to pick up the Monster on 1st March on an '11' plate

I'll be sad to see the Buell go, but if the Monster is half as much fun i'll be a very happy man.

Took out a 696 too whilst at the dealer, a very capable, great fun, nimble little thing, sounded good on the overun too even with standard pipes.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Well a warm welcome to the UKMOC from another 1100s owner. Went down size from s4 and never looked back. Best monster I ever owned albeit brutal powered s4r/s .

I would still like a different exhaust but a twin single side but too expensive at the moment and mines ok for now. I have 3 sets of panels and went through the tricolor phase but I like the dark look at the moment along with the mono seat.

Look after it and I know you will enjoy it.

The inevitable here's mine photos and boy am I happy with it

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #8
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Wow, they're great photo's Albie, who took those ???

Welcome to the club Steve and I hope you love it as much as all the other owners out there.
Plenty of opportunities for you to meet other owners through the club if that's something you are interested in. The club Monster Trackday at Mallory Park on Friday July 1st is a great way to do that.
Trackday
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=39813

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
Wow, they're great photo's Albie, who took those ???

Welcome to the club Steve and I hope you love it as much as all the other owners out there.
Plenty of opportunities for you to meet other owners through the club if that's something you are interested in. The club Monster Trackday at Mallory Park on Friday July 1st is a great way to do that.
Trackday
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=39813
I think you did J.P and very nice too. Great plug on 2 counts. PS Steve trackday is great and you can ride in safety so please come along. Im going too. Great day to meet monster owners.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
J.P
No more Monster...

Reminds me of Club one I did in 2007 when I rode to P&H in Crawley to pick up my brand new, zero miles, S4R Testastretta, rode to Mallory Park, and did the trackday keeping the revs below 6,000 !
Everyone thought I was mad...

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #11
walpole68

Well done 1100steve enjoy,looking good albie,what's in store for this year ?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #12
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
Well done 1100steve enjoy,looking good albie,what's in store for this year ?
Maybe darker bits, but deffo more distance riding as I have some good luggage now.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #13
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Hi and welcome,
Don't forget we have our annual gathering last w/e in May at Alcester nr Evesham.
PM Albie for room availabity it's a great w/e and not far from Oxford about 55-60 miles.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #14
Char
We're all mad here

Take it for a spin on Sunday to the Hampshire (but in Wiltshire) meet

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=39684
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #15
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo22 View Post
Hi and welcome,
Don't forget we have our annual gathering last w/e in May at Alcester nr Evesham.
PM Albie for room availabity it's a great w/e and not far from Oxford about 55-60 miles.
2 rooms available for sharing or couples