UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » OUCH - How much?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Davidg1230

OUCH - How much?

Dropped off my bike at Rosso Corse last week to have some work done that I'd put off when I bought the bike in May this year. Ray said at the time the tyres and chain would need changing after another 1k miles so I new more work was needed before Winter.

Anyway I stupidly dropped the bike in the car park the other day after trying to pull away with the disc lock still on no damage except for the rear brake stopped working. I have read somewhere that air can get in to the system if the bike is laid flat/dropped.

So this meant I would finally need to get the bike check in for all the other bits that needed doing. So, with new tyres, new chain, new front pads, new brake lever, some other worn bearings and clips, various fluids the final bill came to £802

That's almost 1/3 of what the bike is worth! To be fair to Marcus and Ray, they only charged 3.5 hours of labour and the cost was all big parts, but still, not what I was expecting. Hopefully this will last me for at least a year and I feel more confident that the bike will ride better and safer during the winter months.

I knew Ducati ownership was going to be expensive, but it still hurts when you have to get the credit card out so often.

Anyone else had big servicing and repair bills?