UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Racing » MotoGP season opener in Qatar (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

Old 11-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #16
Pomp1

you can wait till 8 o'clock or watch some germans talking about bikes here, not to everyone's liking but, hey, it's free
Old 11-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #17
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
their F1 coverage is very good(almost as good as ITV used to be)so I'm hopeful. Parish is OK, and I watch the races to watch racing, not to listen to the commentators TBH.
Eurosport was a big loss to the fans, and the fact that they'll be showing the MototGP again mainly due to pressure from the afficionados speaks for itself, but I've used the iPlayer for most of last season(I normally work weekends) and found it a decent alternative.
Point taken - I don't watch the F1 though so I suppose I can't really comment on that and I'm sorry you work weekends too.

I'd just rather listen to the Julian and Toby show on Eurosport. They talk "wubbish" (Julian impression there...) and I like to correct them, it's the only time I can feel clever!

Do you know I feeling Messr Kallio may be a surprise contender...
Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
if it helps and you understand: cus i don't!

Saturday 11 April
Qualifying

2000-2300, BBC Red Button/online (From 2035 on Freeview 301)
Repeated Saturday - 2000 and 2300 and Sunday 0200, 0500, 0800, 1100 and 1400, BBC Red Button/online

Sunday 12 April
:

MotoGP preview
1300-1330, BBC Two/online

125cc and 250cc race
1750-2005, BBC Red Button (Freeview 302)/online
Race repeated from 2200 till 0730 Monday, BBC Red Button

MotoGP
2045-2200, BBC Three/online
Race repeated from 2200 till 1130 Sunday, BBC Red Button

Monday 13 April
Highlights
1300-1415, BBC Two
Highlights repeated - 1300 to 1100 Tuesday, BBC Red Button/online
________
Squirting Amateur

Last edited by uksurfer; 01-04-2011 at 12:23 AM..
uksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #19
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mand View Post
Point taken - I don't watch the F1 though so I suppose I can't really comment on that and I'm sorry you work weekends too.

I'd just rather listen to the Julian and Toby show on Eurosport. They talk "wubbish" (Julian impression there...) and I like to correct them, it's the only time I can feel clever!

Do you know I feeling Messr Kallio may be a surprise contender...
nothing to be sorry about me working weekends, they pay me well for that I know what you mean about the coverage team, ES guys are miles better but Suzi Perry is more pleasant to the eye (for the boys at least,,), just turn the audio off.. maybe the Beeb will sign them up next year, I hope.
Kallio and Dovizioso will be doing very good IMO
Old 11-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #20
Mand

Quote:
nothing to be sorry about me working weekends, they pay me well for that I know what you mean about the coverage team, ES guys are miles better but Suzi Perry is more pleasant to the eye (for the boys at least,,), just turn the audio off.. maybe the Beeb will sign them up next year, I hope.
Kallio and Dovizioso will be doing very good IMO
Yeah I'm with you there with Dovi too, I just hope it doesn't turn it the "Rossi and Stoner" show, it just makes it boring in my opinion.

I'm hoping that WSB doesn't do the same with Spies and Haga.

PS I don't fancy Suzy Perry!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #21
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksurfer View Post
if it helps and you understand: cus i don't!

Saturday 11 April
Qualifying

2000-2300, BBC Red Button/online (From 2035 on Freeview 301)
Repeated Saturday - 2000 and 2300 and Sunday 0200, 0500, 0800, 1100 and 1400, BBC Red Button/online

Sunday 12 April
:

MotoGP preview
1300-1330, BBC Two/online

125cc and 250cc race
1750-2005, BBC Red Button (Freeview 302)/online
Race repeated from 2200 till 0730 Monday, BBC Red Button

MotoGP
2045-2200, BBC Three/online
Race repeated from 2200 till 1130 Sunday, BBC Red Button

Monday 13 April
Highlights
1300-1415, BBC Two
Highlights repeated - 1300 to 1100 Tuesday, BBC Red Button/online
If is all like last year the site will show a Live/watch button on the top right of their Sport website when it's on..
I know we have been waiting all winter for the start of the season..
Old 11-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #22
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mand View Post
Yeah I'm with you there with Dovi too, I just hope it doesn't turn it the "Rossi and Stoner" show, it just makes it boring in my opinion.

I'm hoping that WSB doesn't do the same with Spies and Haga.

PS I don't fancy Suzy Perry!
Oh, and don't forget Lorenzo.. in WSB if wasn't for Haga Spies will have an easy life, that Yam is strong..
Old 11-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #23
Mand

Quote:
Oh, and don't forget Lorenzo.. in WSB if wasn't for Haga Spies will have an easy life, that Yam is strong..
Oh I know that Yam is strong! my R1 riding other half mentions it every now and then!

Back to MotoGp, at the beginning of last season, I didn't have much respect for Lorenzo, just thought he was arrogant but after getting injured several times and perserving and actually lucky enough to meet as well, I really like him now.

I know, I'm fickle!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #24
Pomp1

watched it then? Hayden crash looked pretty bad, hope he hasn't compromised his race, but didn't look fast enough anyway..
Old 11-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #25
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
looked like he was struggling, but hes gonna be a bit sore tomorrow, looked quite nasty fall, stoner seemed to be really quick, interesting race ahead i hope!
________
KAWASAKI KX450

Last edited by uksurfer; 01-04-2011 at 12:24 AM..
uksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #26
Snips

Nasty crash for Hayden, though it doesn't look like it took out a contender.

Like the BBC guys said, I think the racing will be closer than qualifying.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #27
dlloyduk

I got to see it as it was on Eurosport, only the schedule did not say so.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #28
MON

Eurosport are showing all the qualifying and practice sessions live all season.

The 125 and 250 races are also being shown live, with the MotoGP race being delayed as the BBC got exclusive live coverage of that one only.

I'm sticking with Toby and Jules, the BBC comentary team is awful, especially for the smaller classes. They can't even pronounce the names correctly.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #29
richard horton

Moto GP opener in Qatar

My predictions - for what they are worth - lying in position 21,053 in MCN fantasy league.

Stoner will run away with a boring championship - good old Ducati for taking on the rest of the world and anihalating them (what price brand loyalty - seeing Ducati win or watching good racing???)

Rossi will challenge on nadgery tracks but will only win about 2 or 3 GPs.

Jorge will finish 3rd - lots of podiums but only one possibly two victories

Dovizioso will eclipse Pedrosa (4th and 5th) although Capirossi may challenge Pedroza at places where aggressive passing is possible.

Capirossi and Edwards and Vermuellen will fight for 6th, 7th and 8th and could end up in any order (most likely as set out above).

Kallio, Hayden and Toseland will fight for 9th 10th and 11th and the latter two will end up in WSB for 2010. - probably Toseland 9th by the end of the season.

Gibernau, de Angelis, Melandri will be propping up the field.

What I would like to see is
Rossi battling with Stoner, wheel to wheel all season long, with Rossi winning the title and Ducati winning the manufacturers pot.
JT as the next best Yamaha - (but 2 x 100mph + highsides messes with the confidence and it will be 3 months into the season before he has put the flying lessons out of his mind as he goes into or comes out of a 125mph corner 100% fully nailed. Whilst I think he can beat Colin Edwards I am not sure over the season he has the controlled aggression to beat Jorge, who is that bit younger and has not suffered the number of instances of pain that Toseland has suffered over his career. For a motorcycle racer the instance of pain is a cumulative deterrent to success e.g. Kevin Schwantz - everytime he fell off he hurt himself so his career was cut short vs, for those old enough to remember him, Dave Croxford - British Champion and works Norton Rider - 179 crashes never broke a bone in a career spanning probably 11 years).
Nicky Hayden mastering the Ducati and getting regular podiums towards the end of the season (for no other reason than I think he is a nice bloke)
Capirossi picking up good podiums and possibly a win when the others tangle.
Cannot wait
Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #30
Gilps

I reckon Jorge will win every race with Rossi and Stoner scrapping for 2nd. Okay, it's not going to happen but I would love to see it. Jorge sould be a real threat this year. He's got real talent and balls of steel. Go Jorge