UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Racing » MotoGP highlights!

Old 21-07-2020, 10:16 AM   #31
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
You can get highlights (only 7 mins) on Youtube on the official motogp channel. Worth it. Even MM haters will have to grudgingly admit to his talent........
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #32
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Just emailed Quest and they say it will now be broadcast tonight at 6 and available on dplay from 7.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 06:32 PM   #33
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I feel lucky enough to have bt sport but I'm saddened as just checked out quest moto gp. Picture quality is so poor. No hd unless you upgrade then. Great racing marred by grainy footage. It's like going back to the 90's.

Last edited by Albie; 21-07-2020 at 06:50 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #34
Uncle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
don't understand why Rossi is still on the grid or what the point of moving to the satellite team is.... but then it could be said that I'm not really a Rossi fan
Answered your own question. You showed your hand there, but at least you didn't try to pretend to be a fan of the sport.

Basically, Rossi is still there because he's still good at it. Good enough to be on the grid without a shadow of doubt, and that's all that matters. Perhaps it would be more open minded to ask why various others are still on the grid, who not only perform worse than VR46 but also don't really bring anything else to the sport either?

As for the racing, unfortunately MotoGP is screwed when somebody can leave the track, drop to last place or whatever it was and still podium, if not win (which MM93 would undoubtedly have done had he not binned it).

The ease in which he sliced through the field wasn't just about his undeniable talent, it was also due to the total lack of resistance from anybody! They know they can't compete with him so they basically just get out of the way!

This is great if you are a rabid MM93 fanboy I suppose, but not if you're a genuine fan of bike racing.

As usual, Moto3 delivered the goods!! Felt sorry for McPhee, but at least he went down fighting!
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 10:55 AM   #35
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Not a Marquez fan but there's no denying the boys skill on two wheels, even if some of the also rans jumped out of his way he was still faster than the front runners. I thought he was very unlucky not to be on the podium.
Old 26-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #36
Uncle Bob

Come on McPhee! He could win the championship this year, he just needs to keep finishing races up at the pointy end (obviously).
Old 26-07-2020, 01:33 PM   #37
Ron1000

McPhee in moto3 and Quartararo in motoGP take the titles and I’d be well chuffed.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 05:31 PM   #38
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
no spoiler here...

Holy {#@?, take MM93 out of the equation and the championship comes alive! Take CC35 out and no-one else can ride a H*nda.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #39
Luddite

For anyone disappointed by the lack of MotoGP highlights on Quest yesterday, fear not, as this was due to 'technical issues' and they are rescheduled for tonight at 6pm.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #40
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Real shame for VR not reaching his 200th podium, maybe next week.
Old 16-09-2020, 12:20 PM   #41
Uncle Bob

Great racing again!

I find it amusing when people call Rossi a ‘bed blocker’ when we watch Vinales fail to deliver yet again. He seems to perform during testing, FP and qualifying, but s**t the bed on Sunday, almost the exact opposite to his team mate?

I do rate him (I was in the grandstand when he romped to victory at Silverstone on a Suzuki in 2016) but his weird Sunday performances these days are a real mystery.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: