UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » M.A.D. » UKMOC M.A.D. Weekend - 17th/18th June 2006

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #196
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Yes, you're completely right!

TL is there any kind of itinerary? It's a long long way from here so an idea of what time I ought to be there would be great for us.

Oh well, I am guessing the pools open all night then. I can have a dip after the drinking!

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #197
benson

He he he - I can't wait - I aim to be there hopefully mid afternoon depending on what time I manage to leave home in the morning - hurrah for indoor and therefore I hope heated pools - and then the entertainment - yes Tigerlil I will manage to live without the quiz - and I will have no choice but to drown my sorrows in decent northern beer!!! Can't wait peeps - what a blast we will have - here's to the weather staying as warm as it is right now!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #198
Tigerlily

What's all this about an indoor pool? (must keep up!) I'll go back and catch up in a mo - just wanted to post a link to the bands webspaces...

1 - Crimes of Passion http://www.crimesofpassion.org/
2 - All Except http://www.myspace.com/allexcept

Not even looked at them myself yet!

I'll work the itinery out properly and then post it up in the next couple of days.
Me and dazzi will be there from about 10am I think , don't worry though, I'll confirm everything after a good chinwag wi' t'other half!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #199
Tigerlily

After reading about the pool at Nonnies hotel, the rideout could well be diverted to there!

We wanted to do a ride up to Martin House on Sunday, but we have since been told that it might be inappropriate for a load of noisy bikes to turn up. I can see their point as I wouldn't want to upset someone if their child had just taken a turn for the worse.

Someone will be coming down to Squire's to accept a cheque from us instead
Old 06-06-2006, 06:53 AM   #200
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Actually TL I'm really glad about that. I think I would have been upset myself. It's too sad.

What we have to do guys is raise a lot of money and give those kids and their families something when they need it the very most.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:28 AM   #201
benson

Well I think the pool at the qualty hotel (Selby fork - I mean - what a name!!!) would just about hold 6 of us!!! he he he - can't wait.

I understand the hospice's reaction to about 50 noisy bikes...I remember going to visit one of the kids from one of my schools in one - one of the parents said that she thought a bombhad dropped! Meanwhile whatever happens it'll be a good weekend and we'll have fun and they'll get money!

Keep on praying for sunshine - it finally looks like summer here!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:19 AM   #202
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Its qualitee innit.

I can see it now Benson me old chum, your inflatable dinghy could come in handy.

Garcon, 2 large c0cktails and make it McSnappy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg qualitee pool.jpg (14.3 KB, 27 views)

Old 06-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #203
Tigerlily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie
What we have to do guys is raise a lot of money and give those kids and their families something when they need it the very most.

If the weather's good then Squire's will be packed..... I've asked permission and it OK to go round with "buckets" and harass the general public (nicely of course) for donations. The raffle tickets will be on sale to anyone and everyone on Saturday too, so that should bump up the funds a bit

I'm getting all nervous and excited now!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #204
benson

Qualitteeee is worf every ppenny Nonnie me old mucka - so it is indeed our duty to do our best - or was that being a guide???
Old 10-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #205
Tigerlily

Itinery for the weekend!!! (at last!)

I've finally got my finger out folks, here's what's happening when

Me and dazzi will arrive at Squire's at about 10.30 Saturday morning.

Everyone else can arrive sometime after that.... Midday would be good as that gives plenty of time to pitch tents and have a chat etc.

So......

Saturday

12.00pm - Arrive
3pm - 6pm - Ride out, including stop for food and refreshments
6pm - 8pm - Chill, chat, beer etc
8pm - Band 1
9pm - Super duper raffle
10pm - Band 2

Sunday

9am - Judging for the bike show
10am - Cheque presentation
11am - Short ride out for lunch, then back to Squires for prize giving

There will be maps showing the route for the rides and I'll put my phone number on too just in case.
We're going to keep the speed down when we're out. That should make it easier to keep everyone together and hopefully we won't attract any attention from the local plod.

The weather's looking good so far

See you all soon!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #206
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Tell us the rideout route - ah go on, go on, you know you want to!
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #207
benson

Itinerary or however you spell it looks good - will you be able to post an on line version of the route? (for those of us who will need to chase you round the countryside looking and listening for monnies to join you later in the day)

I know I won't be leaving here (as in London) much before midday so I hope to be at the kwalitteeeee hotel (selby fork of all places! - far canal!!!) late afternoon and from there will probably either aim to find you or just catch up with you all back at Squires - think the latter is more likely as the ride up is about 200 miles!!!

Anyway - let's hope the weather holds!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #208
Tigerlily

I can tell you where we're going but dazzi is doing the route.

We're off to........

Wait for it..........

A pub called.........

"The Blue Bell Inn" at Arkendale on the outskirts of Knaresborough!

Unless dazzi's bike continues to play up in which case we'll go round the block to a place called Squires

I'll get the route details off dazzi and i'll post something up so that you know where we are benson. It's about 10 minutes off the A1(M) if anyone wants to meet us there without going round the back roads.

Last edited by Tigerlily; 15-06-2006 at 01:55 PM..
Old 11-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #209
benson

Cheers Tiger Lil - I'd love to try and hook up with you and if I know where I'm going I might just get there (though that's not a certainty to you understand!!!)

REALLY hope Dazzi's Bike gets sorted out - it's so frustrating when they just don't go and you have no idea why - well that's the boat I'm usually in anyway!!!

Good luck with getting it fixed !!!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #210
Roberto

I'm a possible depending on where I am at with first service mileage, I hate first services its such a traumer.....

should be ok i think, I pick up wednesday afternoon, got all day thursday, back at work friday.

should have enough miles left to get to leeds and back.