UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Monster nose cone diagram required

Old 24-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
m55russ

Bike: S4 challenge
Monster nose cone diagram required

Hi, Can anyone help me out and supply me with a Ducati Monster 900 (97) headlight, front end diagram.
I am trying to fit a nose fairing using fairing brackets 83011421A and 83011431A and it might be I can't see the wood for the trees, but it's not obvious how it should fit.
Thanks in advance
m55russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
up to '99: the blocky bit should bolt to the two bolt holes, either side on the front of the top yoke with the tube trailing back and up so you can bolt the sides of the fairing to it just below the screen.

it will only fit this style fairing

the '00 ~ '06 fairing is a completely different fit

Last edited by slob; 24-02-2018 at 01:47 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
m55russ

Thanks @slob sorted it
Old 27-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Note the bolts taken out the top yoke have to be replaced with longer bolts and 4 spacers to fit in the counterbored holes and sit proud once the yoke is clamped up. The spacer are needed to keep it parallel
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 07:26 PM   #5
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Thanks for posting that, Albie.
I have a pair of said brackets in a box in my "bits" drawer, to go with a carbon screen that I picked up on ebay a while back.
I've not tried fitting it yet but I have no longer bolts or spacers and was blissfully unaware of their requirement.
BUT my box of brackets now has a scrbbled copy of your info tucked inside for future reference and reminding.
Ta.

Those steel brackets are a bit heavy though, aren't they ?
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 08:12 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Thanks for posting that, Albie.
I have a pair of said brackets in a box in my "bits" drawer, to go with a carbon screen that I picked up on ebay a while back.
I've not tried fitting it yet but I have no longer bolts or spacers and was blissfully unaware of their requirement.
BUT my box of brackets now has a scrbbled copy of your info tucked inside for future reference and reminding.
Ta.

Those steel brackets are a bit heavy though, aren't they ?
Yes they are a tad heavy. Im running without screen for the moment initially as I want the pure naked bike. Do you remember you made me the spacers for mine. The weirdest thing happened not long after that at the weekender in wales. Rally having got rid of Monsters had some parts in his car to give away complete set of original bolts and spacers. I had to claim them.
At first I only has the fairing no screen no brackets as to why I made a post for brackets and our glorious leader slob had a complete one in red. I was literally going make some from alloy tube and plate then to get Big Oz to alloy weld them. I still may do that one day.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #7
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Ah yes .. at least,l I remember making some spacers, but not what they were for.

I like my little homemade screen most of the time but I thought the std one might come in handy if I was planning a long trip on faster roads.
If I ever do fit it, I will almost certainly look into replicating the brackets in ally.
I recently discovered a very helpful and competent local welder of special metals while looking for someone to weld up an ally tank. I would probably use him.
I'll bear you in mind for a second set, shall I ?
Naturally though, I would prefer to have some of Oz's work gracing my bike, so if you ever get round to getting some made (before I do), count me in for a pair too, would you ?

Sorry for slight hijack.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #8
m55russ

@albie do you have a photo of what you explained above ? I trying to fit this to a S4
@utopia no worries about the hijack, all good info