UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » OEM rear indicators S2/S4

Old 12-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
JayJosephS4RS

OEM rear indicators S2/S4

Hi,

Looking for a set of oval OEM rear indicators for my 06 Monster.. Excellent/as new condition only please.

Doesn’t matter about bulbs.

Thanks

Last edited by JayJosephS4RS; 12-02-2018 at 11:20 PM..
Old 14-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Have you enquired at your Ducati dealer? They certainly used to be fairly reasonable new ...
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
JayJosephS4RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
Have you enquired at your Ducati dealer? They certainly used to be fairly reasonable new ...
No, I haven’t yet.. thought I’d try here first to see if there was anything floating about.

Will give motorapido a buzz if I can’t source some used ones.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
rman

Joseph, there's a pair on Ebay for £38.00 + postage
Old 14-02-2018, 10:28 PM   #5
JayJosephS4RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Joseph, there's a pair on Ebay for £38.00 + postage
Thanks man, are they the aftermarket ones from Niks Parts? If so, I bought them last week... and unfortunately they’re not exact OEM. My predicament is that I bought some nice smoked indicator lenses which fit my OEM indicators exactly but the indicators from Niks, although almost bang on, are about 1mm longer which means my nice new smoked lenses don’t clip in. The screw fits but the clip side of the lens doesn’t and hangs loose... so I need OEM.

Reason I’m after rear indicators is I have decided to permanently remove the headlight fairing and I don’t like how the front indicator sticks out with the long stalk so have decided to tidy the front up with some rear indicators.

Fitted the Niks aftermarket ones and they look GREAT being shorter, but alas they will only work with the supplied orange lenses and I can’t use the nice new smoked lenses I bought.

Kind of like the classic look/size of the oval OEM indicator. Although quite big by today’s slinky, sleek LED standards I think the OEM’s really suit the classic round headlight and the rather large instruments perfectly so I’m not really looking to replace with any small, led, modern indicators. I have a set of De Pretto Moto black aluminium indicators originally brought as an upgrade with the bike in 2006 but IMO the small dimensions look out of place with the rest of the front set up.

If anyone has some OEM rear’s in good condition I’d be keen to take them off your hands! Thank you please

Jay
Old 15-02-2018, 04:59 AM   #6
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I had the same issue with some lenses I bought. It turns out there are 2 types of OEM ones. The clip is slightly different for the lens otherwise they look pretty much the same. I think they changed around '06

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 09:50 AM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
It's also the same for aftermarket mkI monsters the rectangular ones. Although in comparison they are identical the only difference is a minor 1mm shorter on the plastic locating lug. You wouldn't know if you didn't look but I found some Nos
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 11:33 PM   #8
JayJosephS4RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
It's also the same for aftermarket mkI monsters the rectangular ones. Although in comparison they are identical the only difference is a minor 1mm shorter on the plastic locating lug. You wouldn't know if you didn't look but I found some Nos
ducatiparts-online.com came up trumps..

OEM, Nos, L/R pair.. £34.50 posted