UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Safest Way To Jack Up Front End for Wheel & Fork Removal M750

Old 04-10-2021, 03:12 PM   #16
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Funny that-the wife is an ABBA fan but as I have a rear paddock stand-I've ordered up the one on the Flip link. She doesn't like "garage" music though...
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #17
buzzer

Bike: M900
I know not everyone has the luxury of a block and tackle in their garage, but this is the easiest way...

My mate uses a lorry ratchet strap from two brackets bolted to the ceiling in the garage... the bolts go through the plaster board and into the joists above. It holds a Harley sportster up completely so it easily does a front end

buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:37 PM   #18
motomartin11

Impressive.
I don't have a lot of room to work inside.
I have a single garage which my P&J car goes in and I can just squeeze a small to medium bike in front but that then makes access to the workbench tricky.
I have a timber workshop with a concrete floor tacked on to the garage but its full of bikes and the wife's gardening equipment is kept at the end as the workshop is L shaped going behind some unused land behind the garage.
My new front stand has arrived today but I'm working until Friday when I can hopefully get the bike securely on its stands and remove the front wheel and forks. I've found a local suspension expert who is going to strip and report on the forks. Am I correct in thinking the are Marzocchis on the 96 M750?
Old 08-10-2021, 03:09 PM   #19
motomartin11

Well I've put the front stand together today and it holds the bike very safely and securely. Front wheel and forks are out now and the latter are with the local suspension guys.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:41 PM   #20
enbee23

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomartin11 View Post
Impressive.
I don't have a lot of room to work inside.
I have a single garage which my P&J car goes in and I can just squeeze a small to medium bike in front but that then makes access to the workbench tricky.
I have a timber workshop with a concrete floor tacked on to the garage but its full of bikes and the wife's gardening equipment is kept at the end as the workshop is L shaped going behind some unused land behind the garage.
My new front stand has arrived today but I'm working until Friday when I can hopefully get the bike securely on its stands and remove the front wheel and forks. I've found a local suspension expert who is going to strip and report on the forks. Am I correct in thinking the are Marzocchis on the 96 M750?
Yes, the forks on that bike are Marzocchi. Good luck with the refresh!
enbee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:23 AM   #21
motomartin11

Thanks Nick. I will update when I get an inspection report. There is one slight indent in one of the stanchions which i'm told may not polish out but it's quite a way down and hopefully with the new fork springs and correct fluid will be OK.
Old 19-10-2021, 04:52 PM   #22
motomartin11

Right_i've just collected the forks and I'm taking a chance on the stanchions to hopefully retain marital harmony! One has slight pit and the other has a line which they have tried to polish out. New K Tec springs and seals and oil obviously. Looking forward to a test ride but unlikely to be until early nnext spring.
Old 22-10-2021, 04:31 PM   #23
motomartin11

Forks and front wheel are back in now.
What's the best way to correctly align the front end please before I tighten it all up?
Very impressed with the security and ease of use of the front stand.