UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Need someone with an evo

Old 03-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #1
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
Need someone with an evo

Guys,
Can someone with a monster 696, 796, 1100, 1100evo(preferable) have a look at their servo unit and send me pictures of the bolts and any rubbers that are used.

I've taken mines out and now cant put it back together, it looks to me that either I've lost a some sort of rubber spacer or the previous owner has removed and put it back with different bolts, rubber spacers etc.

Any help is appreciated guys.
Thanks.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Luddite

Hi, Ron

I removed my servo last year and took a couple of photos in case I forgot how to refit it! (Ignore the cable tie, that was just to stop it vibrating.) The forward nut has been removed in the photos.

There are two bonded rubber vibration dampers; one goes under the mounting bracket, the other on top.

If you need replacements, these are the part numbers...

Hope that helps.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Ron1000

Thanks Luddite,

Yeah mines is different to that, I have silver Allen heads without the large flange and as I suspected I'm missing a rubber dampers is missing. I've hunted the shed (which is pretty clean) and I cant see it.

Suspect this has been played with outside of my ownership.

I can get the top one to fit on no problems but it vibrates around way too much for my liking so I'm going to have to come up with a plan for fitting it some how......potentially tie wraps would work.

This has came about due to me attempting to a valve bypass from SmartMoto....anybody had any experience with these? I fitted it (2min plug in job) and tested it and this happened:

1. EMI on with bypass plug if valve self check carried out.
2. EMI off with bypass plug if valve self check not carried out (I believe it does not go through the self check in certain circumstances....possibly when warmed up.

3. EMI on with servo if valve check carried out and I did not re-attached the cable.
4. EMI off with servo even if valve check carried if I put it back together as per factory.

So I'm thinking if I can reliably replicate step 2, I may just run with the bypass plug.

Any thoughts? does anybody have EMI issues with the valve removed or is there a smarter way to do it.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #4
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Bike: M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1000 View Post
.. does anybody have EMI issues with the valve removed or is there a smarter way to do it...
Not sure if it's a smarter way, but I have a DUC.ee you can have for a donation to UKMOC slush fund.

If you want it, PM me your address and ill stick it in the post some time next week
jonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
Evostu

Newish evo owner ..so what does duc.ee actually do?
Evostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #6
Luddite

The duc.ee unit is designed to fool the ECU into thinking that the exhaust servo is still connected. If you have the DP Termignoni ECU that also disables the servo.

Alternatively, you could have the standard ECU reflashed by Neil at Cornerspeed (01623 238944), which will disable the servo (and the lambda sensors too).

Ron, before you try your own solution, give Craig and Luke a ring at Moto Rapido (01962 873981) and see how much replacements would cost. They could probably get them to you within the week.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #7
Ron1000

Thanks jonzin & luddite.

I'll have a better look tonight. Yesterday i was tight for time and hungry so never a good combination.

I get back to yous later.

On a kind of side note, my bike has a pcv fitted. Can you bypass the valve (and o2's) via that?
Old 03-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #8
Luddite

Quote:
On a kind of side note, my bike has a pcv fitted. Can you bypass the valve (and o2's) via that?
The Power Commander only adjusts the fuelling, it can't disable the lambdas or servo. In fact, if your O2 sensors are still enabled, then the Power Commander will only be effective above about 5,000 rpm and/or higher throttle openings. At lower revs/throttle openings, the fuel system is "closed loop" and so the lambdas will effectively cancel out any adjustments made by the Power Commander.

You could try some O2 eliminators but be aware that I don't think they work on the final year's Evo. I used some on my 2011 model before getting a full remap and they were quite effective. Certainly the CEL light didn't come on at all.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #9
Ron1000

Luddite,
I've got lambda bypass, yeah they don't work with mine (final year) or at least not fully. I had a run with them on and they kind of intermittently turmed the emi on and off.

They are free to a good home or swap with jonzi / donation to ukmoc
Old 20-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #10
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Ah, I a made an assumption and it made an a ss of me.

http://www.vizi-tec.com/duc-ee/ are the guys that made the DUC.ee if you do want to ask em.
Old 20-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #11
Ron1000

Thanks guys, thought it might be a part number issue. I'll see if i can get a solution.

If not I'll either send it back to jonzi or can pass on for free to someone else if jonzi is happy with that.
Old 20-05-2017, 08:08 PM   #12
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Quote:
...if jonzi is happy with that.
Jonzi is happy with that
Old 25-05-2017, 12:43 PM   #13
Ron1000

Guys,
Little update here, I contacted smartmoto about the servo eliminator I bought a subsequently didn't work.

They messaged me back, they have had issues and other people saying they don't work with specific models and years (mines is a 2013 Monster 1100 Evo for reference) and that they are currently trying to trace the issue or at least narrow it down to the affected bikes.

I'm in the loop to receive feedback on which models are affected and the solution. So I'll keep you all informed.

They gave a full refund and said to keep the unit as well so if anyone wants to try either the smartmoto one or Joniz's Duc.ee one for free just let me know.
Old 22-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #14
Ron1000

Guy's,
Just a quick update on bypass plug. Smartmoto contacted me and said they have fixed the issue that was effecting 2013 evo's and would i like one for free.

Obviously i said yes, I've not long fitted and tested it and all is good. I'll report back if i have any strange issues but so far so good.

And just a reminder i have:
one smartmoto plug that will fit up 2012 evo's and other 1100's.
One duc.ee plug to 796's i think.
If anybody would like one or both for shipping cost only just let me know