UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2018 » weekender thanks

Old 07-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
weekender thanks

Well as it says in the title really
Great weekender so thank you to everyone involved in organising ride outs, places to visit, t-shirts, and to the person that organised the weather.
hopefully you all returned home safe.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #2
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hear hear!

Thanks to Mr Gazza for finding and organising the hotel, Char for persuading them to stock Adnams Ghost Ship , Grumpy & Utopia for researching and leading the runs and to everyone who voted for my "well used and abused" 696 as Concours d'Grot winner. The weather was an added bonus, especially after last year.

Having organised a weekender before I know how much hard work goes into it, so well done to Mr Gazza and the 2018 weekender crew.

Sadly my bike was less pleased than I was to be awarded the trophy, and decided to thank me by running like an absolute dog on the way home ... another thread will be started.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC_772 View Post
Hear hear!

Thanks to Mr Gazza for finding and organising the hotel, Char for persuading them to stock Adnams Ghost Ship , Grumpy & Utopia for researching and leading the runs and to everyone who voted for my "well used and abused" 696 as Concours d'Grot winner. The weather was an added bonus, especially after last year.

Having organised a weekender before I know how much hard work goes into it, so well done to Mr Gazza and the 2018 weekender crew.

Sadly my bike was less pleased than I was to be awarded the trophy, and decided to thank me by running like an absolute dog on the way home ... another thread will be started.
Surely not as bad as mine was..
Old 07-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #4
Doggy

Bike: M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Surely not as bad as mine was..
Love the new profile pic
Old 07-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
smiffyraf1
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
just got back after spending most of the day walking around supercars. great time and superbly organised. massive thanks to everyone involved. its a good job you all went when you did as you literally could not move.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
Love the new profile pic
Have to laugh about it.. Really nice to chat etc this weekend..
Old 07-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #7
dacs

Bike: Multiple Monsters
My first Weekender, a cracking couple of days. Have to add my thanks to the organisers, and everyone who was there. Looking forward to next year now.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #8
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Many Thanks to Gazza Grumpy and Utopia for organising a great weekend.

Rollo and JoTr
Old 08-05-2018, 06:39 AM   #9
Moley1

Bike: M1200s
Thanks Gazza, Grumpy, Utopia and anyone else helping organising the weekend! Here’s one video from the Supercar Monday- looked like there were some rare and interesting cars there. I think my favourite was the Renault 5! http://youtu.be/UHm_Lgqy5lI

Last edited by Moley1; 08-05-2018 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-05-2018, 08:31 AM   #10
AndyC_772

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Just wanting to add my 2p worth...

I had an absolutely brilliant time this weekend. The ride-outs were great, especially the run down to Duxford on Sunday, and the drop-off system worked really well to let everyone ride at their own pace which, in my case, means not feeling hurried or afraid that I'll get left behind and lost.

(Still need a new back tyre now, though!)

At risk of being branded a heretic, I'm very much a 'car guy', and so having two shows one after the other made for a fantastic way to spend a sunny weekend. I may just have to add the Sharnbrook to my regular to-do list for next year.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #11
Dukedesmo

Yes, many thanks to all involved.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #12
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Thanks to Gazza, James and Geoff for all the hard work to make a brilliant weekender.

Great Hotel, Banter, ride outs, cars, planes, food, beer and the best weather ever !
Old 08-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #13
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Aw! Stop it, it's getting embarrassing.
I think it's me who has the most thanking to do. All I did was name the place and time.

Grumpy did a cracking job of planning and leading the runs as well as co-ordinating with a show at Duxford and getting us into the display.
He was the one driving round the route in the pouring rain after a long days work, to make sure it all worked okay... Which it did.
Thanks also to everyone who executed the drop off system to fine effect, holding their nerve and waiting for as long as it took for the tail marker to appear... Saturday's was a 140 mile run and we all kept together.. Well done.

Special thanks to Utopia, who did a great job of Tail-End-Charlie on all the runs, making it possible for the rest of us to nail it at times, while he had to be very patient at the back.

Utopia also had a labour of love over the T-shirts with Rick-the-shirt, which resulted in a smashing design. I know this became very intense during the run up to the Weekender, but it all came good.

Behind the curtains Char sorted out a couple of barrels of real ale for our weekend, which seemed to be going down well during the afternoons and evenings.
Liz also cunningly planned a special batch of cakes to celebrate hers and Stafford's 6th wedding anniversary. Specially made by Ciro's mum and featuring some of their wedding photos.. They went down well.
Stinger101 was also burning his own petrol, transporting the Ducati blow up toys, to and from Silverstone.

Ciro of course was a magnificent host and his staff were working hard all weekend, with all leave cancelled. Not only doing so cheerfully and helpfully at all times but effervescing and enthusing. The hotel was the tops, with delicious food throughout.
(Grumpy's comment about keeping the noise down in the hotel grounds tickled me, with Ciro wailing round in his Lamborghini Hurican.)

Every time I asked for a hand doing something, I simply had the task taken out of my hands by willing helpers. everyone pitched in and made Sunday afternoon/evening a real pleasure.
Especially Alan and Grumpy, who helped me out with the vote counting and prize giving. I just can't do that P.A. thing.

Finally. (Don't worry, the fat lady is about to sing.) I got such a warm feeling from all of you splendid folk who took the trouble to come and have a good time. You had the good nature to paper over the cracks that I left and ultimately make it into an absolutely unforgettable Weekender... I thank you all.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 08-05-2018 at 10:13 AM..
Old 08-05-2018, 10:20 AM   #14
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

The only crack was the fun. Can I also mention the gratitude from me the very fact that I never panicked over stuff because everyone was so patient and full of kind banter. I have to say I came on a gamble but mighty glad I did. The very fact I didn't ride to duxford meant I could help if needed and less risk of failure and also slow you boys up again. You were all so very kind.
Caroline also said the same and had a rough pillion ride but refused to jump on another pillion offered
Cheers guys.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #15
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Footnote..
It was actually Moley1 who introduced me to The Sharnbrook a few of years ago, when he flagged up The Bedfordshire Italian Car and Bike show.
Thanks Moley, glad some more people got to have a little taste of #Petrolheadonism...

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 08-05-2018 at 10:44 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: