UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Different exhaust temps

Old 11-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #16
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Although, particularly in the case of the second example, it does look like some flow back up the other header is feasible.
I agree that little piece of box doesn't look as if it will be very effective at sending the pulses in the right direction.

Actually I think most of my objection to the standard cruciform is the external seam which looks a bit 70's Honda-ish to me, and it's hard to polish in the dimple.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:15 PM   #17
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
I have found a more practical looking DIY idea whilst searching Google images. I daresay a few will have seen it before, but the idea appeals to me.. How hard can it be?
I modified mine in this way, here's a pic of it finished;

But although it (must have) flowed more freely due to the bigger bore it still noticeably blew harder out the right pipe than left - perhaps more so?

I have since replaced it with a Spaghetti style crossover (from Madasl) which is definitely better flowing, plus at 45mm it's 5mm oversize;

I meant to get to the dyno to get things checked but never got round to doing so but it's definitely an improvement.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:47 AM   #18
Flip

Bike: M900
Yep replaced mine too with a pre-Ducati Performance, Gio.Ca.Moto set of front pipes bought new old stock years ago.

Not quite as intricate as a full spaghetti system but a much less restrictive join.

I'm not sure what the gain (if any) might be on this but the long since unavailable Sil-Motor spaghetti system used to quote a 5bhp gain all through the mid-range on a 900 motor.

Last edited by Flip; 12-07-2020 at 02:00 AM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote