UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New S4 owner from Northern Ireland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-04-2021, 07:09 PM   #1
Rostrumorhospit

Bike: S4
New S4 owner from Northern Ireland

Hi
I joined the forum a while back but just getting round to introducing myself now.
I live in Carrickfergus, Norn Iron, am 46 and have been riding bikes of some description from the age of 7 but have just recently got my 1st Ducati.
2001 Monster 916 S4, I got it of a mate who had it for 3 years but never actually rode it due to a starting issue, with the help of the forum I reckoned it was the sprag clutch, I replaced all 3 parts of the clutch (that flywheel nut was tight!) and got it started, I have spent the last few months sorting it out and getting it back on the road, starting with getting the MV Augusta seat unit to fit properly along with the seat itself, frame powder coated red and general overhaul. I was also told it has 955 barrels and heads though I haven't been able to confirm this yet.
If I can work out how to post photo's, I will put a couple on the forum.
And just to explain my username - Rostrumorhospital, (the last 2 letters are missing as there was not enough characters) it is one of my favourite motorbike quotes used about Noriyuki Haga and his riding style.
ATB
Davey
Rostrumorhospit is offline   Reply With Quote