UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Ducati M900 problem

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
Seddos

Ducati M900 problem

Hi I am newbie here I don't know where to start, but one thing I know !! is that I need advice with my bike. I got my bike a year ago a 1997 m900, the one problem I have encounter all year is the bike ride lovely, but then all the sudden it dies on me, particularly if I open the throttle.

Sometime it stop even when I am riding slow, I have remove the petrol filter between the tank and the fuel pump, as advice by a mechanic, but it still do it. Sometime it run smoothly, but I don't like riding it as I always return home in the break down truck, lol

Not funny to say the least, I have also replace the petrol vacuum pump with a brand new one, but the problem continues.

I thought of removing the tank and clean it, I have wondered if the is a filter in the tank that cause the trouble. I have also took the bike to the garage but they cant find any fault as it start fine and idle fine too.... ???

Can someone please help, I am desperate for help my Mrs is nagging me, that I have wasted the money.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.