UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Trackdays » Ducati UK Trackdays 2017

Old 07-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #1
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Ducati UK Trackdays 2017

The dates of the Ducati Track Days are:
• 30 May Full Circuit Donington*
• 29 June GP Circuit Silverstone
i
As before Run by Superbike School for Ducati UK

Hire bikes are available:
• Ducati SuperSport - £265
• Panigale 959 - £285
• Panigale 1299 - £365
Including fuel and tyres.

Leather rental is also available for £39

Cost will be £189 per person, this will include:

• Breakfast and Lunch for riders (spectators will be able to buy their own food at the same venue)
• Exclusive to Ducati bikes only
• California Superbike School coaches available for tips and hints FOC
• A great atmosphere, more than ‘just’ a track day.
• There will be star guests, journalists, racers, VIPs, etc.
• Noise limit is 105db

Book through Superbike School
wendy@superbikeschool.co.uk
01327 855553
and mention UKMOC

*Tuesday immediately after the weekender

Last edited by slob; 14-03-2017 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: not enough early interest for group booking
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:40 AM   #2
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I'm considering the Silverstone date, at the moment I'm likely going to register with DMC Moto as I doubted we would get 11 people registered from here. Happy to give it a few days before booking as obviously would have a preference to support UKMOC.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #3
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I could fancy either.
Probably with a preference for Donington as a track, but the date is, as Rob points out, just after the weekender.
I've never ridden either track though, so I might be up for making up the club numbers at either venue, depending on which is most popular.

Also, slightly off topic ...
I count myself very lucky to have been around to attend the last UKMOC trackday at Mallory.
I know that it is unlikely to happen again, particularly since it was an extremely tight squeeze to reach the required funding levels last time.
So this is me saying thanks again Rob, for sticking your neck out and arranging that.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Bike: M796
Possibly Donnington for me. On the 600ss
jonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #5
Stinger101

Bike: M1200s
I'm up for May 30th at Donington.
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #6
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Donington
Jonzi
Utopia
Stinger101

Silverstone
LouSCannon
Old 07-02-2017, 09:36 PM   #7
MarkF

Tentative hand up for Silverstone purely based on Geographic location and hopefully weather will be better. Would love to ride either track, although Donington is a rather quick one.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #8
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
although Donington is a rather quick one.
Not as fast as Silverstone!!!

Also it's horribly flat (like most airfield circuits)- Donington is awesome to ride in my opinion!!!
Old 20-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #9
Ursa

If I want to hire one of the CSS bikes is it still the mahoosive deposit with CSS that I recall from their website?

Also, what sort of instruction is on offer for this? I know it says hints and tips but that can vary, do any of their instructors follow you, and give little bits of advice, or is it fairly generic on body position. (So I'd expect to be told off for riding on one bum cheek for the umpteenth time )

I'm not sure about doing the full CSS experience, as I've heard mixed things, so was hoping to see how I get on with their style of instruction before booking a CSS course.

I'm thinking Silverstone as it's less of a pain to get to. I'll confirm when I get back from Austin.
Old 20-02-2017, 06:23 PM   #10
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
If I want to hire one of the CSS bikes is it still the mahoosive deposit with CSS that I recall from their website?

Also, what sort of instruction is on offer for this? I know it says hints and tips but that can vary, do any of their instructors follow you, and give little bits of advice, or is it fairly generic on body position. (So I'd expect to be told off for riding on one bum cheek for the umpteenth time )

I'm not sure about doing the full CSS experience, as I've heard mixed things, so was hoping to see how I get on with their style of instruction before booking a CSS course.

I'm thinking Silverstone as it's less of a pain to get to. I'll confirm when I get back from Austin.
£1200 refundable deposit or you can pay £85 non refundable and limit liability to max £150

From what I hear CSS is good for beginners. Those with loads of bike experience, track and or road, are the ones that tend to knock them a bit, though not in all cases.

If I wanted to learn track riding they would probably be my goto.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 09:55 PM   #11
Ursa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
From what I hear CSS is good for beginners. Those with loads of bike experience, track and or road, are the ones that tend to knock them a bit, though not in all cases.

If I wanted to learn track riding they would probably be my goto.
I know what CSS do, and know many people who have taken their courses, both single and multiple levels, my question was directed to people who have attended this particular event before and is around the amount of tuition CSS give there, it's not clear from the event description if they'll be following riders and giving feedback, or just do a generic briefing.

Their coaching is primarily about cornering control, not track riding per se, so is more transferable for road riding, which is of more use to me.
Old 21-02-2017, 12:30 AM   #12
pegboy

Might be able to do silverstone. So is mid may the lasted to book then to get the discount.
Old 21-02-2017, 01:27 AM   #13
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
I know what CSS do, and know many people who have taken their courses, both single and multiple levels, my question was directed to people who have attended this particular event before and is around the amount of tuition CSS give there, it's not clear from the event description if they'll be following riders and giving feedback, or just do a generic briefing.

Their coaching is primarily about cornering control, not track riding per se, so is more transferable for road riding, which is of more use to me.
Yeah, but they are called 'superbike school' and teach on tracks for a reason. I know a few who have been on the course, from back in the Honda days to recently. Of course it's about the corners. I haven't yet found a school to teach me how to ride the straights better

Sounds like you might benefit more from an i2i machine control course rather than a, mainly, track oriented one.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #14
Ursa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Yeah, but they are called 'superbike school' and teach on tracks for a reason. I know a few who have been on the course, from back in the Honda days to recently. Of course it's about the corners. I haven't yet found a school to teach me how to ride the straights better

Sounds like you might benefit more from an i2i machine control course rather than a, mainly, track oriented one.
Which shows you don't understand CSS, as from conversations I've had in person with their instructors over the years, they see it as learning cornering a different way in a safe and unrestricted environment, and have had Goldwings, Harleys and many other non "Superbikes" on their course. They emphasised to not let the Superbike thing put you off as it's mainly to do with their fleet.

Again I'll reiterate the point that this question is directed to people who have attended this event before and is around what the "hints and tips from CSS instructors" amounts to, as I would hopefully see if I got on with their style of instruction/methodology and perhaps book on one of their courses.

Also FAO Slob as with Pegboy is there a cut off date for booking?
Old 21-02-2017, 09:54 AM   #15
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

I think I might do Silverstone and hire a 959.

Add me to the list of names if you are keeping one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: