UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Finally, the wait is over..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
mogmachine

Red face Finally, the wait is over..

In august i got back from holiday where i had been flying around on a 50cc twist and go and promptly went and grabbed one as quickly as my cash could fly out of my pocket, ...having been used to skateboards, moutainbikes and kiteboards as my major form of transportation there was a smile on my face. ....for about five minutes.

It was inevitable, ..just as when i bought my first 3m kite i was always going to end up flying a 10.5m, ....how long was i going to last on a bike that didn't go downhill as fast as my skateboard (proven, . .almost at the cost of my pants).

So to cut a very long story short, ...today i walked my dog down to the vet, left her there to have a little something cut off her ear, and ambled over to Rex Judd in west hampstead to finally go and pick up my new 695.

To say i spent the next hour or so smiling would be an assumption, ..i didn't really look at my face that much, ...but i am smiling now that's for sure, ...even though it rained all day and i only got just over an hour on the bike before something inside told me "you only passed your test on wednesday, today is friday, ..go home and read the instruction manual".

...so am i one of you now, ..i think that would be a little presumptious, .but i guess i might be well on the way.
So is this the single longest winded hello ever, ..it just might be, ...

...quick, ..bail myself out, ..ask for advice, ..that's an idea, ...

...being a fairly pint sized 5"8 65kgs and having only really ridden the GS500 i learn't and did my test on, i did find myself a little unsure moving the bike at around at no speed, ...like walking it backwards to park, ....and making those slow sharp turns at -5mph .....any advice, ..pointers, ...or should i just do as i think best, ..which is shut up, ..keep practicing, ..and remind myself that i am in fact a good rider, ....just one who now has to pay for the damage if he drops the bike. ,...that and i would of course cry.

Hello.

-mog

Last edited by mogmachine; 17-11-2006 at 07:38 PM..