UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi All

Old 20-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
serialrisk

Hi All

Morning All

I have joined the ranks and have bought myself an S4Rs. Hasnt arrived yet, but hoping up and down for my first, first hand look. Took a gamble and bought her over the phone from ducati aylesbury.

Myself, i stay up in Edinburgh and currently ride a kawasai ZX6R G2 (which is now for sale...)

Now could i ask a couple of questions.

Im planning on chopping the tail and i saw the ad banner here for the tail chop site. I really like their stealth chop system but suspect the UK police may not take kindly to it. Has anyone had any experience with this kit?
http://www.ducatimonstertailchop.com...ate-relocator/

Also looking for a Ex-Box system. Are there any Uk suppliers or know of any supplier? I can only find a guy on Ebay. With the Ex-Box should i get the bike dyno'd and set up?

Well cheers for now and may see you on the road
Old 20-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Could well be my old one.
Just got myself an EVO in Black.

You will get a wet back with a tail chop

Last edited by rollo22; 20-07-2013 at 09:11 AM..
rollo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Qba

Hi and welcome!

Here is uk supplier:
http://www.rmoto.co.uk/ducati
Old 20-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
You do get a bit of extra spray with a tail chop. It's a matter of individual taste but I think it makes them look massively more compact.

It's not really changing anything that the plod would be interested in just angles the plate a little more which is all they would probably be interested in.

Last edited by Nickj; 20-07-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Nickj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
Dirty

Hi and welcome

I'm in the 'tail chop looks better' club too. Ok, if you ride in the rain you may get a bit of back spray but hey, it's raining and you are on a bike! You are getting wet whatever.

I'm not sure about the location of the plate in your link

That might be a little too much of an extreme angle but you never know until you try. Does look good. I think the integrated rear light and indicators are a no no though.

Last edited by Dirty; 20-07-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Old 20-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Wildfire

I've had both. I think the tail chop looks great with low cans, and with high, short cans. But with longer high cans the bike can look like a wheelbarrow.

You get a lot more spray with a chop. The hugger and plate do nothing in the wet and you will end up with a stripe up your back or a very wet/dirty bottom of a rucksack.

I now use the Tea Tray and I have to say I really like it.

Integrated Indicators, especially the ones where half the brake light flashes are a no-no. A definite MOT fail and you may be stopped by the plod.

I went with some Rizoma Areo-11 indicators from Spareshack (sadly now closed) on both bikes.
Old 20-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
tricky73

Hello and welcome