UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Well it's official I'm in!

Old 31-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #31
Nwsparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post

Excellent, sounds like you did the right thing.

Has the home situation regarding bikeing again settled down as well?
I nipped out on Sunday without my body armour on and she had a go (rightfully so) but I was only (doesn't matter I know) going round our estate.
When I went out before she didn't flinch.
When it came of the van she said you said it was small and quiet! I said no, I said it was slow and small, next to some bikes it is!
She was ok, she asked if I feel safe on it and said lessons were a good idea. As long as I stay careful and keep her in the lap of luxury, she's good m8...
Old 31-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #32
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
You'll soon get used to the engine braking when you shut the throttle, and ultimately it will probably result in a less frantic riding style as you'll not be constantly on and off the brakes to slow the bike.
Unless I'm really pushing along, I use the engine braking quite a lot, and most of the time I only use a single finger on the front brake.
The low speed lumpiness is also something that you'll probably get used to fairly quickly and develop a style which covers it.
I tend to momentarily dip the clutch for an instant just before powering out of a slow turn, which smooths things out nicely. Its become second nature now.
Another option would be to fit a smaller front sprocket (or larger rear) to lower the gearing. Many people recommend this and find that it helps ...though personally I prefer things the way they are on my 750.
A well set up engine with carbs in good balance, and a well adjusted chain, should also help.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #33
Nwsparky

Well got out again, new route incorporating a good few carpark tight turns, concentrated on smooth throttle and gentle brakes, I started to look for proper lines and enjoy a bit of banking...
Just got to keep at it....
Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #34
JuZ

Good lad, I had a quick 50 miles last night, it was really warm!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #35
Nwsparky

Got my first re-born biker nod too!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #36
Davidg1230

To OP, can you pass on the details for the couriers, Route 66? I need to get my new bike collected from Manchester and delivered to London. Where are they based and do they do nationwide delivery? Thanks, David
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #37
Nwsparky

07747 413178 will get you through to Jan the co-ordinator her husband Russ is the driver, they do around 5 bikes a day nationwide, very very nice people, proper bike lovers, I paid around £90 from Essex to between Liverpool and Manchester.
They have a website if you look them up that way but Jan will answer that number and sort you out....hope that helps...
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #38
Davidg1230

Perfect thanks. I have found a web site for a courier company called Route 66 but will give Jan a call over the next few days. Its always better to get a direct recommendation than choosing someone cold from the internet.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #39
Nwsparky

Ye I know, I booked them through Shiply on eBay, they weren't the cheapest but had really good reviews, they must have called me 10 times to arrange things and give me updates, we gave Russ dinner as he arrived after 6 hot hours at 6.30 Friday night, we were having a BBQ so I put him a burger on once the bike was offloaded, he's got 4 bikes of his own, Jan rides a Bandit and is looking at Dukes, mention Dave with the yellow 620 when you speak to her, I said I'd recommend them....
Old 05-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #40
Nwsparky

First night I've just jumped on and ridden for the fun of it tonight, finally relaxed and rode without thinking about throttles, brakes, noises etc. you guys I'm sure take this for granted. still along way off competent rider but the bug is back....