UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » rsr-moto

Old 24-04-2022, 05:40 AM   #1
Moco1961

rsr-moto

Just want to give a big shout out to rs-moto.

After a difficult start to our relationship I decided to treat Blackadder to a carbon tail, after a lot of searching I was on rsr-uk mail list to get an alert when one was in stock. I got the alert to say no more in stock EVER ……So a bit more internet trawling and rsr-moto-eu (Germany) had one in stock ( shame they don’t seem to talk to each other ! ). Ordered on 16th April…..in my grubby hands on 21st April.Fantastic, very pleased, top quality. Now checking to see if they have a front mudguard to match

FE6AF9CB-3D17-4C9C-B41C-5FD417942129 by Mike OConnor, on Flickr

637DF23E-0E4D-4893-AB5A-5394C7516627 by Mike OConnor, on Flickr
Old 24-04-2022, 09:08 AM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
So is the reflection of the wicker on the carbon a fluke or are you an ace artistic photographer?

I've got one of those on my Monster, but where it came from I haver no idea.
I've found two weaknesses with it. One is the flat that the indicators bolt onto. It splits across the bolt holes as they are very close to the edge. I bonded in little shaped alloy "gaskets" inside and that has given it enough support over the years. I think they're only about 2mm thick at most, I just pulled them onto epoxy with a bolt though the hole(s).
Cables can be tucked out of sight with double sided glazing tape. I also struck a strip of white LEDs under the trailing edge and that is a super light number plate illuminator.

The other weakness I found was the bonded on brass threaded bits that you are supposed to find with bolts going upwards from beneath. Not only are the threads very hard to locate, but the bolts have to be dead right length or they push the brass bits off the carbon!
I made a thin ally plate with aluminium screws threaded into it, bonded that onto the carbon with epoxy and some lightweight woven glass cloth. Now it just plops on and I put plastic number plate nuts on underneath with rubber tap washers to fill the frame recesses.. Stronger and lighter than before.
Old 24-04-2022, 10:19 AM   #3
Moco1961

no it’s just super glossy to be fair.thanks for the heads up regards fitting,will take My time and make sure the bolts are not too long.talking of artistic ,if memory serves have you not painted the gold stripe on yours mate ?
Old 24-04-2022, 10:40 AM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Yup. The stripe is translucent so you can see the weave through it when the Sun shines on it.
I put up to 10% of basecoat into the clear lacquer and then just mist it on in light coats until the desired opacity/translucence is achieved.
It's a cool effect on carbon, but you need a strong colour as it's so diluted. Don't bother with White.. Ask me not how I know.
You can buy "Candy" paint now in many colours in aerosols or for your spray gun. They are usually applied over a heavy metalflake base coat, but most also work over carbon.
Old 24-04-2022, 10:52 AM   #5
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
That looks very nice quality, Mike.

If you're after a carbon version of the standard version, RSR Europe seem to have one

https://www.rsrmoto-europe.com/produ...orne-1993-1999

I had the DP 'Diversion' style on my S2R and, if you want that shape, Fullsix do a copy

https://conquestracingltd.com/produc...-front-fender/
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2022, 11:25 AM   #6
Moco1961

Hi Vince, yes spotted the rs moto one this morning thanks.

Back to the carbon tea tray, the underside of the one supplied has four female threads,roughly in a rectangle and one in the centre of the rectangle that is male.any idea what that is for? I don’t have anything that corresponds on the bike.
Old 24-04-2022, 12:02 PM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Hi Vince, yes spotted the rs moto one this morning thanks.

Back to the carbon tea tray, the underside of the one supplied has four female threads,roughly in a rectangle and one in the centre of the rectangle that is male.any idea what that is for? I don’t have anything that corresponds on the bike.
I think it's so it fits the 3 bolt hole and 4 bolt hole models, universal fit.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2022, 01:33 PM   #8
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Hopefully it is a universal fit but it is possible that the two rearmost holes are for attaching the numberplate light, leaving just three holes for fitting the tailpiece to the bike.
In which case you have a three-hole fitting tail and I'm guessing you need a four-hole fitting one.
I hope I'm wrong.
Are all the holes M6 or are the two rearmost ones M5 ?

On a different tack, I fitted stainless studs into mine, using strong/permanent loctite.
It makes the tail much easier to locate when refitting.
Stainless nyloc nuts complete the assembly.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2022, 06:54 PM   #9
Moco1961

Hi Jeff, the two rear are M5 and the two front are M6, the number plate bracket is 4 bolt.
Old 24-04-2022, 10:02 PM   #10
Doggy

Bike: M796
Looks nice, post some pics when it's fitted.
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2022, 07:50 AM   #11
Mark64
Bronze Member

Bike: S4r
+1 for RSR stuff, good quality and reasonably priced, my (ex) s4r is on their hall of fame.
Mark64 is offline   Reply With Quote