UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Racing » Classic Racing

Old 15-07-2015, 06:53 AM   #16
Spanner

What's the diagnosis on the bike Flip?
Old 02-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #17
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner View Post
What's the diagnosis on the bike Flip?
I'm not sure yet and so 'Bella' is still in the Naughty Corner with the other non running Ducati I have but my gut feeling is that the main bearing gave up, which would explain it still running (of sorts) but making the noises it did.

Due to the nice weather I've been whacking some miles on the Monster plus the fact there was no way I was going to get it sorted in time for Donington so I haven't started looking into it yet.

On the subject of Donington, it looks to be a great meeting this year too which is doubly gaoling I won't be racing there.

Special guests confirmed are Rocket Ron Haslam (pretty sure Leon will pop along too), Nial Mackenzie along with the now regular face around the paddock Steve Parrish and racing regular Mick Grant. Top guest of honour this year who will be out on track on Saturday and Sunday is Fast Freddie himself (Spencer- for those who don't know).

As usual there will be plenty of interesting bikes both on display or out on track being raced or paraded and as it is an open paddock you can get up close to the machines and have a chat with their riders.

http://www.crmc.co.uk/calendar/next-event/
Old 03-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #18
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
The Donington event has been on my calendar for quite a while.
One of the best biking days out of the year, in my view.
Proper bikes, proper noise and proper smells, with something different to see around every corner.
And just about every single bike has a part on it somewhere which looks like it was made by a bloke with a hacksaw and a file.
Highly recommended.
Agreed! Putting my garage base down this weekend so wont be able to make it but its probably the best kind of event for me combining racing and getting to go around the pits for free as well.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:17 PM   #19
Flip

Just wondering who from here is planning on going up/down to Donington for the Classic Festival this coming weekend (7th, 8th & 9th August) and on what days?

Obviously I'm not racing now due to the reasons previously posted but I plan on riding up from the South coast Friday lunchtime and returning back home sometime after the racing finishes on Saturday.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:06 AM   #20
Flip

Up for Grabs!!!

I have one more ticket available which is valid for all three days racing.

I can either post it out to the first person to PM their details (I'll need an address if wanting it posted) or as I will be there from late Friday afternoon I can get it to you at the gate Saturday morning.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #21
Flip

Had an excellent day up at Donington on Saturday after a horrendous ride up Friday afternoon which entailed filtering through ridiculous traffic on the M25 including four (yes FOUR!!!) cars deliberately moving over to close the gap from lane three to two in order to prevent bikes filtering.

It was good to catch up with Grumpy and Utopia while there and talk bikes over a cuppa (thanks for that).

As usual there were some fantastic bikes either being raced or paraded but don't worry chaps I won't mention the 'other' Italian V-twin you both admired but I am going to shop you for this Bavarian beauty that had come over from the Netherlands which I have to admit was lovely and no slouch on track either.

A favourite of mine out on track was not one but two TR750's- check out those ear splittingly loud peashooter pipes.

Yes I was gutted not to be racing over the weekend particularly as my name was on the entry list in the program still but it was good to see a bit more of the racing than I normally would have. It also gave me an opportunity to pop a few more miles on the Monster and am glad to say my ride home was much better even though I opted for the rather dull M1 route back but on the plus side only took me three hours including a fuel stop on the way.

Roll on next year where all being well I, and my Mach 1 shall be back out on track!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: