UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » 1100EVO Cambelt Pully

Old 09-02-2021, 07:09 PM   #16
fastnfat

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
gb motorcycle products every time for me
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Ti...-/110776327575

double check it’s the right fit before ordering

he’s very helpful if you have a query
https://www.gbmotorcycleproducts.com...mation/contact

much better quality than laser ones, which are made of cheese.
the factory tools are nice but six times the price.
Thanks all for the advice. I had been in touch with Vince at GB because me being a bit of a dimwit I could’nt quite figure out how that particular tool would hold the pully. He did suggest that if I ordered one and didn’t fit then he would refund the money. My other concern that as it mentioned the 1100s engine I somehow thought it would only fit the twin spark head. Anyway he said he had a “long handled” version in the design stage that he was hoping to be selling that within the next four weeks so I’ll wait for that to appear I think.
If anybody does know how the present version(or the others that have been mentioned) actually hold the pully then I’d be interested to know.
Again thank you to all for your help.
fastnfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:32 PM   #17
Luddite

Angry

As you mentioned earlier in post #4, neither the GB tool nor Laser equivalent will work on the Evo cam pulleys. You need something that engages with the teeth on the wheel like the tools shown in post #10 or Darren's version in post #12.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:34 PM   #18
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
You may be right there Colin, I assume the ‘prong’ goes in the spark plug access hole on a DS head. (post #10 & #12)
I haven’t had a close look under the belt covers on an Evo.
I’ve found Vince very helpful in the past.

Last edited by slob; 09-02-2021 at 07:39 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:39 PM   #19
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
You may be right there Colin, I assume the ‘prong’ goes in the spark plug access hole on a DS head. (post #10 & #12)
I haven’t had a close look under the belt covers on an Evo.
I’ve found Vince very helpful in the past.
Hmmm, I think you're right about the tool locating into the second sparkplug hole, Rob.

Here's a picture of the DS head and tool - unfortunately, the manual doesn't explain how to actually install the tool.

So, despite the fact that the HDESA site says the tool fits the Evo, I don't think it will work as delivered. But it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it. You could cut a thick aluminium plate to fit across the belt tunnel, curved to clear the pulley, attached via the two cambelt cover screw holes and then bolt the tool to the plate through the large pin hole.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:56 PM   #20
fastnfat

Hi both, yes that was my thoughts( second plug hole), I had said as much to Vince when enquiring about how it was located. He said he had a pully on order and was waiting for that to arrive before proceeding with designing/manufacturing a tool to suit the evo. I did mention to him that the part number was the same for several models including the 1100evo and 1100s so hopefully the finished product will be suitable.
Thanks again
fastnfat is offline   Reply With Quote