UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Newbie...

Old 12-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #1
Jezgsx

Newbie...

Hi all, just bought an 2002 Monster M600 metallic......in pretty good nick for its age I think. I was looking for a winter hack and not bothering about cleaning/looking after it but after riding it, am thinking about doing it up.........am not sure about the sparkly effect yet may re-spray or swop tank/tail end??? engine "flaking" in places.........can anyone give me ideas on what you can do to them please?? I ride a 04 Suzuki GSX1400, will post pics of the M600 if I can find out how to do it?!? Literally 2/3 time on the site......thanks, jez. Oh, am in Leighton Buzzard, Beds.......

Last edited by Jezgsx; 12-10-2015 at 07:10 PM..
Old 12-10-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Welcome to the club. Lots of ideas and projects on here, be warned once you start you cannot stop with a Monster.

Yorkie
Old 12-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #3
Jezgsx

Cheers Yorkie, waiting for the suggestions to roll in..........
Old 12-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

If it is going to be a weekday hack, you might just want to ACF50. But here are some easy suggestions.

Additions:

High level carbon cans
Single rear sets
Performance air filter

Repairs:

Engine repaint

Yorkie
Old 12-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #5
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
The old carbies are mega tractable when it gets really ****ty. I managed Cheltenham to where I live at the wrong end of the Forest of dean in minor blizzard and about 4 inch of snow on the last 12 miles roads. That's the bit where you go from virtually sea level to 1000ft up. It was sucky to say the least, the roads here just merge with the forest so I just kept trundling along the biggest gap between the trees.

You'll find it's a fun bike and quite addictive.
The chassis is awesome, you can go deeper in bends than the pegs allow, benefit of a race derived trellis. Sometimes the head nods a bit, bit of flex due to a missing cross brace.
Motor isn't heavy on power but you can use it all most of the time, not fast but quick when you get it right.

Yeah ACF the carp out of it and remember when it's cold and damp fuel additives become pretty essential to prevent icing.

Enjoy, winter could be fun
Old 13-10-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hi, welcome

Job #1 -Tail chop

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote