UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » M900 1997.

Old 14-03-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
Nasher

Bike: M900
M900 1997.

The time has come to move on my 1997 M900 with 17850 miles which I’ve owned since August 2014.
It’s had the Oil and filter changed every August regardless of miles covered, and the fuel filter and belts changed every two years.

I’m only selling because I need space for another project, and I’ve only done @400 miles on her in the last two years.
The belts are due to be done this summer, but with only 400 miles on them I’d probably be chancing another year out of them this time.
I spent a lot of time when I first got her sorting out electrical issues, as the loom was a mess from previous bodged repairs, so although the loom isn’t completely standard now it is sound as doesn’t catch light any more which it did to me within a couple of months of ownership.

It has some significant but subtle and really worthwhile mods:

900SS Cylinder Heads with the SS size bigger valves.
These were fitted to it from almost new by a Ducati Dealer at the request of the original owner.
The SS mechanical tacho drive is still in place and whizzes round and round when the engine is running.

Ignitech programmable ignition module, which replaces the Ignitor boxes. The programming lead will be included.

California Cycleworks High performance Coils and leads.

K&N Air Filter with open airbox lid and fabricated Clamp.

Motobatt Battery – 3yrs old but still very good.

Later Ducati Multistrada Regulator /Rectifier and smart charge warning light indicator.
This is really worthwhile and far better than the Electrix works RR51 aftermarket one that was fitted.

PureTEC Clutch slave cylinder.

Aftermarket DUCATI Brake and Clutch Reservoir caps.

Carbon rear Hugger.

Carbon Side panels.

Later genuine Ducati Indicators.

Nearly new EBC front Disks – these really don’t have any wear at all.

The Vacuum Fuel Tap was replaced before my ownership with a large bore tap.
I nearly replaced it with a std one several times but it flows really well so I haven’t.

Rebuilt Fuel Pump 3 years ago with kit from Allens Performance.

Aftermarket braided Brake lines – twin front.

New RH Fork Stanchion, both Fork seals, and oil less than 150 miles ago.

Tail chopped, done before I owned her and I like the look.
I did however remake the number plate bracket, put a standard undertray back in, and rework the seat release mechanism.

The only issue I’m aware of is that the rear tyre will get noted at the next MOT as it’s low, but not too low yet.
I would have put a new one on before the MOT if I kept her.

Cosmetically the paint etc is good, although some areas of the frame do let it down slightly and I’d be repainting the Alternator cover this year if I was keeping her.

Looking on Ebay etc, I think a sensible price is £3200.

She can be viewed in Clanfield Hants.

Nasher

Last edited by Nasher; 14-03-2021 at 07:49 PM..
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2021, 10:49 AM   #2
Nasher

I still have the 900.
@57 people watching it on EBAY, but the couple of people who've been to look at it have expected a 24yr old bike not to have a mark on it.

To clarify a couple of questions, the bike currently has standard exhaust cans on it, I admit I removed my Low level DP Remus cans to use on my new bike and re-fitted the std cans.
It does appear to run OK.

However, if somebody on here wanted to purchase the bike at advertised price I would throw these in.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=59107

Nasher.
Old 29-03-2021, 01:28 PM   #3
Darkness

I can vouch that it’s a very nice and well sorted bike. Good luck with the sale Nasher: I’d be happy to buy it myself, but really don’t need to go back to having three M900s!
Old 29-03-2021, 06:03 PM   #4
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
I can vouch that it’s a very nice and well sorted bike. Good luck with the sale Nasher: I’d be happy to buy it myself, but really don’t need to go back to having three M900s!
I still remember buying it in Herefordshire. I was so smitten with it back in september 2003. I paid £2700 and was bog standard but with round scorpion alloy exhausts as well as stock.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2021, 09:57 AM   #5
Nasher

I've just renewed my EBAY ad for this bike:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224422412236

I've not dropped the price yet as of course it's only really been possible for people to come and view for a few days.

The last ad ended with 75 watchers, and I had dozens of questions about it.

I had 3 people come and look at it:

The first was a local guy, who was very genuine, was thinking about a Monster as his first older bike and was just taking an opportunity to look at one really, which was fine by me.
I don't think he realised just how small an M900 is compared to a modern sportsbike.

The second had somehow misunderstood my description and believed he was coming to look at a fully restored example in pristine standard condition.

The third guy admitted immediately he'd probably mixed up two message trails on EBAY as he thought he was coming to look at a Yellow S4!

Please somebody buy it, I'm happy to talk about the price within reason, as the guilt about selling it is killing me, and I'm having to move it around my workshop all the time to work on other projects.

Nasher.
Old 15-04-2021, 12:30 PM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Many years ago when folks sold bikes via the ads in the local paper, I had a terrible time selling my Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport. ( I doubt I would struggle now?) I had to re-advertise it about 3 times but I refused to drop the price, instead each time I re-worded the description a bit and nudged the price UP. It sold on the third strike and I ended up getting more for it than I hoped.
I also had a few adverts to sell a nice TR6P, but failed to raise any interest. Eventually I tagged it on to the end of an ad for some Triumph parts, simply as "TR6P complete runner" and that did the trick.

Don't give up, you've only got to sell it once.
Old 15-04-2021, 03:21 PM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I think the issue is ebay buyers are so 'blase' that most are potential time wasters anyway. GLWS though, maybe someone on here will come through for you?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #8
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

I bought it originally on a mcn advert. Tiny advert no massive description not even sure of a pic. My ex missus phoned up and got details to which I then wanted to see it as it sounded real nice. I have some bikes to sell soon but hate the fact that going to be trolls and tyre kickers and no respect for seller.
Good luck selling though.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2021, 07:12 PM   #9
Nasher

I think the last 2 guys were just idiots.

Who drives 100 odd miles to look at a bike then realises they've come to look at the wrong one?

Nasher
Old 15-04-2021, 08:29 PM   #10
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
I think the last 2 guys were just idiots.

Who drives 100 odd miles to look at a bike then realises they've come to look at the wrong one?

Nasher
Slightly different but just as stupid, the Mrs and I went to look at a house when we moved several years ago. The pictures in the online ad, where of the wrong property on the opposite side of the street to the house which was for sale!
One was a modern detached property on a small development (the wrong house) the other was a semi detached late Victorian property which was sited on the main road.
We realised the error when we spotted the for sale board outside the Victorian property, the guy from the agent was so embarrassed, funnily enough we didn't buy the house!
Old 16-04-2021, 07:36 AM   #11
Steve Willmott

I think it’s just luck and timing, sold my 97 a couple of weeks ago on eBay. Had one derisory offer, one offer of a swap for a pile of junk and then just before the ad finished a decent human started a conversation, came and viewed and bought it. I sometimes wonder if we all get a bit insular in here cause we think everyone wants a Monster, I mean why wouldn’t you 😎
Chin up the right person will be along soon 👍
Steve Willmott is offline   Reply With Quote