UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello - interested in M1100 evo

Old 22-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #1
hyperbimduke

Hello - interested in M1100 evo

Hi

I have been riding aircooled dukes for 33 years & never ged bored with them, currently have a Hypermotard 1100 evo, covered 43k on this can honestly sa the best bike I've owned & great to work on, the evo engine is a real peach.
I am looking for a M1100 evo for Mrs Hyperbimduke & see a few about so just gathering data at the mo.
I would decat & remap as I have on my hyper keeping the std cans (unless the cat is in the cans?) but the exhaust options dont seem as varied as for the hyper, ie:decat pipe without having to buy a full system.

Any advice gratefully received.

Chris
Old 22-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Hi Chris

The cats are contained in the rather bulbous standard end can. This is all welded up and cannot be disassembled so there's no easy way to remove them. If you want to lose them, then you'll need to change the can.

There are quite a few alternatives; if you want to keep the shotgun style over-and-under cans try Zard, QD, Fresco (from Pompone - club member), HP Corse, GPR or, of course, Termignoni (road legal stainless or race carbon).

Single can options are available, for example, from Arrow, Remus, Leo Vince and SC Project.

You can get the standard ECU remapped by post from Neil at Cornerspeed http://cornerspeed.co.uk/tuning.php

Note that the Termignonis come with a replacement ECU but it's still not perfect and a remap is a better option. That does mean that you'd be paying for something you don't need, (i.e. the ECU), but you can always sell that on.

Note also that the road legal Termis contain cats while the race version does not.

Happy hunting and hope you find a good one!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #3
dwilsonguitars

Neil at cornerspeed is your man , sendhim your ecu , it eliminates O2 sensors and exhaust flap and engine reads from s preset map ��
Yes only seen one set of front pipes on a USA site innstainless , not seen any nice end cans yet think the termi's look worse , but you'd save a massive chuck of weight , standard rear box is exceptionally heavy as it includes cat
Best regards
D
Old 26-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
I fitted the Remus Hypercone. Nice & light and a bit loud for me without the supplied baffle so I run it with. It makes a really nice sound. I would also recommend having the ECU re-flashed, it makes a huge difference in traffic. Also available in Matt black & Titanium. It also has a bracket which fits to the wheel-side of the can so no wrap-around strap which I personally prefer.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...emus+hypercone

If you search Ducati Monster 1100 Evo Remus hypercone & click on images you will see examples fitted to black & red versions of the Monster
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote