UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Neutral switch gremlins .. and .. The Sidestand Diode Mod.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-04-2020, 10:29 PM   #17
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Well, I've just been and checked my bike, just to be sure, and your installation looks to be basically the same as mine.
I've made the connections in slightly different locations .. the one to the neutral switch wire is on the other side of the single pole amp superseal connector but that's obviously an insignificant difference and my connection to the sidestand wire is at the relay itself but its still to the grey wire, which is the live from the sidestand switch .. so all seems to be well there.
My next thought would be that those blue patch connector units might not be making a good connection .. I'm guessing that they kinda snap closed over the wire and cut into it to make the connection. Is there any way you can check the continuity of those ?
After that I can only think that you've got a duff diode (or one of the connections to it is bad).

I'm not the world's best electrician myself but this should all be reasonably straightforward so I think my analysis should be accurate.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote