UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2016 » Weekender 2016 itinerary

Old 02-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #31
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Thanks Andy and Eleanor for a great weekender.
The ride out on Saturday was fun and some of the views were spectacular.
As for catching up with people, thanks for the crack, had a brilliant relaxing couple of days.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:03 PM   #32
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
A big thank you to Mr&MrsC for all there hard work in organising a weekender and the best roads available
I had a great time, and enjoyed the food, hotel, beer, banter, bikes and great company

Well done to everyone involved in helping out and putting together a great weekend away in Wales, top riding enjoyed on great roads especially tea and scones at the Owls Nest, I'll be going there again.

Shame about the weather on the Sunday, still enjoyed the National Ride Out route, thanks to JP, the run from Newtown chasing a grubby 821 through the twistys

Thank you

Old 02-05-2016, 09:06 PM   #33
AndyC_772

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hi everyone,

We're finally back home, unpacked and fed after nearly 200 miles' worth of pouring rain. The house is strewn with gently steaming bike gear, and I expect my hair will have just about dried out by Thursday afternoon. Hope you all made it back safely and that you too are well on the way to feeling human once again.

Thank you all for the tremendous feedback we've had. Even though the weather put a bit of a dampener on things, the positive comments we've heard really make it all feel worthwhile, and we're delighted you had a good time. The hotel staff we spoke to also said they'd only heard positive things from UKMOC.

We dropped off the collection bucket with the Wales Air Ambulance staff this morning, and we're expecting to hear the final count of what we raised within the next couple of days. Thanks again to you all for your generosity... and if you can think of a simple way to transport a bucket of cash by motorcycle in the pouring rain, do please let us know!!

Highlight of the weekend for me was leading the long Saturday ride out. It's not that many years since I couldn't even ride a bicycle, much less a motorbike, and often when it comes to social events there's a little part of my brain that likes to just curl up into a little ball and hide... so if you'd told me that I'd be leading a group of bikers half way across Wales, I'd never have believed it. I'm sure there's an inspirational story there waiting to get out, somehow.
AndyC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:13 AM   #34
Shuffy

Plus one to all of the above! Brilliant Weekender, thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it all happen.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:32 AM   #35
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Well Done Andy it was a very nice route into deepest Wales.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #36
jotr1960

Thanks very much to Eleanor and Andy for all their hard work in finding a brilliant venue for this year's weekender. Thanks to Babs, Caroline and Heather for the alternative activity on Saturday morning - yes we really did walk up the huge mountain behind the hotel and thanks again to C & H for the party in the tower!
Pity there were so few Monsters, or even naughty corner bikes, missed the sound of the mass of bikes riding out together.