UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Alternative headlamps...

Old 02-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #211
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Never used a tinted visor in my life! Unless you count the flip down sun visor in my current lid?

So. I think I've found a soul-mate on this kit car forum. https://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2...p?topic=4355.0

A very interesting read indeed, although written in 2015, the info on LEDs is already far superseded.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #212
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Never used a tinted visor in my life! Unless you count the flip down sun visor in my current lid?

So. I think I've found a soul-mate on this kit car forum. https://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2...p?topic=4355.0

A very interesting read indeed, although written in 2015, the info on LEDs is already far superseded.
Fascinating read, it's interesting how led lights have developed in leaps over the past few years.

Might give them a try on the bemmer!
Old 22-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #213
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
I've trawled my way through this thread and various ebay listings with great interest - my M900 has had a pair of those silly streetfighter-style twin headlamps fitted (in the original mount by the looks).

Gazza do you still have any of your conversion rings available?

I'm trying to decide the best course of action - buy a second hand original headlamp and fit a decent 7" unit to it, or fit something like the 'Crystal Clear' headlamp which is supposed to be a drop-in replacement. I just don't know if the crystal clear would be any good, and it doesn't look like it's got the dent for the speedo cable (I think I've just made my mind up!).
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #214
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Welcome to the forum and a great club Frankendesmo (great handle..)

Yes I still have a good stock of the conversion kits, but I'm about to go under the radar for a week so try again next weekend.. Sorry.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...=headlamp+ring

Try sending Moco1961 a pm and mention you are looking for a Monster headlamp.. If indeed you are.
Old 22-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #215
FrankenDesmo

No worries Mr Gazza, I'll fire you an email and you can pick it up at your leisure...

Will send a PM as you've suggested, the original bucket is the way that I want to go. Cheers for the suggestion
Old 22-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #216
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenDesmo View Post
No worries Mr Gazza, I'll fire you an email and you can pick it up at your leisure...

Will send a PM as you've suggested, the original bucket is the way that I want to go. Cheers for the suggestion
If Moco1961 doesn't have one I do, so you are covered. Let me know if you need it.
Old 22-09-2019, 08:33 PM   #217
FrankenDesmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez900ie View Post
If Moco1961 doesn't have one I do, so you are covered. Let me know if you need it.
Nice one, cheers Jez

Will see what turns up, I'm in no particular rush at the moment.
Old 22-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #218
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
HID now illegal in UK , will not pass MOT from May 2018 and police can prosecute if you have HID lamps installed
Dacia, Ford, Suzuki, KIA, BMW and Mercedes have these as standard fitments on some of their higher end cars.
The new rulings (May 2018) apply to after market or retro fitted lights which as far as I've read aren't fitted with working self leveling systems, that's for lights with outputs of over 2,000 lumens but who is going to know what it is. Some say there should also be washers fitted as well but that isn't what the regs actually say, it seems to be one or the other.

The problem is that:
EU Law says one thing
VOSA require a different thing
MOT testers interpret that individually
Old 23-09-2019, 07:32 AM   #219
Moco1961

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenDesmo View Post

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum, thanks for your PM, I have responded ,