UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Manchester » North West 2022

Old 10-01-2022, 12:14 AM   #16
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
All sounds great Mike - not sure about the 9.00 am at Lockgate though. Struggled to get there for 10
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 04:28 AM   #17
Moco1961

Hi Pezz, it’s just so we can grab a space while this madness continues to effect us ,Laura has remodelled the place in the refurb so seating arrangements have changed. That’s a start time anyway mate….we were there until 10:50 yesterday !

Last edited by Moco1961; 10-01-2022 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-01-2022, 03:59 PM   #18
the lodger

Bike: M900
Hi Mike
I confess that I'm unlikely ever to get to Lockgate for 9am. Way too early and such a crap ride for me to get there .... all of which sounds very selfish on re reading , sorry!

To make up for it , I'm happy to lead a ride to Devils Bridge from the Preston/Chorley area if that appeals. It will be a scenic through the Trough of Bowland .

Cheers
Nigel
Old 10-01-2022, 07:24 PM   #19
Moco1961

Hi Nigel, it certainly does Sir, yes indeed ,. No pressure on the time,it’s aspirational …. You and Pezz can get there later

Yes please to the devils bridge ride out, good weather is just around the corner……
Old 11-01-2022, 01:30 PM   #20
Joshua Brew

Bike: M1100evo
I know i have been saying this for a couple of years now but i look forward to meeting you all this year!
2021 was a very busy year for me so there was minimal monster fun to be had.
Oulton park sound excellent too!
Joshua Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 07:05 PM   #21
Moco1961

Hi Josh, good to hear from you again, mate the last two years have quite literally vanished, I find lots of people in conversation refer to “ last year” then realise it was actually the year before!

It will be great to meet up, keep an eye on here, we had a great catch up Sunday and a positive vibe has returned for the year ahead, see you soon ,
Old 12-01-2022, 10:45 AM   #22
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Good to see a few of the regulars on Sunday, looks to be a promising year for runs if we get some decent weather!!
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 07:54 PM   #23
Moco1961

Good weather on order mate, keep an eye on the forecast and let’s get out as soon as we can
Old 29-01-2022, 10:25 AM   #24
Moco1961

Progress at Newby Hall !

Morning all, so we had some plans for the year, see post #12, this one is bubbling along nicely

Newby Hall Italian Car and Bike day is a growing event that has been going for around 6 years now and has been attended by a few of us over the years, this year I contacted the organisers to see if we could have a display there,UKMOC gazebo and as many monsters as we could muster.

Colin from the Alpha Romeo club has confirmed we can have a pitch so all good so far.

Date is 29th May, gonna need some help with the gazebo, my last experience with it was not good following a windy encounter at east Kirby

Anyway I have posted here but all comers welcome, let’s get UKMOC on the map again
Old 29-01-2022, 10:54 PM   #25
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Morning all, so we had some plans for the year, see post #12, this one is bubbling along nicely

Newby Hall Italian Car and Bike day is a growing event that has been going for around 6 years now and has been attended by a few of us over the years, this year I contacted the organisers to see if we could have a display there,UKMOC gazebo and as many monsters as we could muster.

Colin from the Alpha Romeo club has confirmed we can have a pitch so all good so far.

Date is 29th May, gonna need some help with the gazebo, my last experience with it was not good following a windy encounter at east Kirby

Anyway I have posted here but all comers welcome, let’s get UKMOC on the map again
Count me in Mike. A weekend away oggling Italian metal sounds good to me.
Any thoughts, I know it's early days, about digs etc?
Probably worth making the event a long weekend?
Old 01-02-2022, 05:07 PM   #26
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Ripon, Knaresborough, Harrogate or York are within 1/2 an hour’s ride or so. All nice places to stay with lots of accommodation to choose from.

Newby Hall is right between the North Yorkshire Moors and Yorkshire Dales National Parks so lots of good roads & scenery to enjoy.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 08:26 PM   #27
Moco1961

Good shout Paul, I will investigate and post up accordingly
Old 02-02-2022, 07:17 PM   #28
Moco1961

Sunday meet

, wow that’s come around fast,what’s going on!

Lockgate this Sunday folks, aiming to be on a bike this time around , no ride out planned, just coffee,food and a good chat around plans for the year again,Newby Hall top of the agenda.

Lockgate opens at nine, I’ll save us a spot
Old 06-02-2022, 12:32 PM   #29
Moco1961

February meet

Great to see everyone again this morning,not a bike in sight even Pete was in the car due to the weather ,which can only be described as “ foul” at the moment. I have only just warmed up after riding back from Ruthin yesterday! Chris,Adie,Colin,Mark and myself made up the rest of the gathering which for the first hour made up 75% of the Lockgate customers.

Once again great progress on plans for the year, Adie agreed he will take his Alpha GTA 147 to Newby Hall to display alongside his S4r and most likely 851, so we are getting quite a collection together

Now why is Adie’s GTA so special? …..well if you have a spare 8 minutes,Google alpha GTA 147 and a link to Top Gear you tube will appear amongst a few others ,you can now watch a very young JC put the car which Adie now owns through its paces, if that is not enough the Stig then does a lap in it…….the fact it survived all that abuse is testimony to how good it is.

Watch this space for more plans as they develop ,until next time folks
Old 06-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #30
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I generally detest cars, but then there are Alfas.
I found Clarkson's test on YouTube. Yes impressive car but not sure about his comment about the Stig, "brought a tear to his helmet" ?
I had an Alfa once and it was the most expensive and short lived car I ever had, but the only car I could ever say I loved. I had my sights on an older GTA, possibly a Cup, but they drink too much so I'm saving up for a milk float instead!!

I might join you in Yorkshire just to see Adie's collection.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: