UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Help, new 696??

Old 25-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
OplayneO

Help, new 696??

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a monster, passed my test last year but am restricted to 33hp for a bit (only has a day spare to do it all) . i have decided this is what i want but cant make my mind up about getting a new 696 or a second hand monster?? massive advantages of a new one i know but i need a lot of kit on top of it all as i have have very little. Has anyone bought a new one from riders or any other dealers recently and got any discounts or great dealing on necessaries? i was down there today and they were willing to help out with the kit but not until i had as good as signed up already, any advise would be good as will probably go and sign some agreement next week either way.

looking forward to some nice weather and new toy.

thanks in advance.
Old 25-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
walpole68

Try Snells in Alton,most helpfull dealer i have ever dealt with,they have a red and white one in stock,a red demo they might sell and will have a mint 1600 mile used white one in stock as off thursday.My old one !
Old 25-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
forresterone

I got my 696 from Rider's they are ok, but you'll probably not get any discount off a new bike, but are more likely to get some deals on accessories, be it bling for the bike or kit for yourself...

Also they aint open on Sundays or Bank hols
Old 25-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
Try Snells in Alton,most helpfull dealer i have ever dealt with,they have a red and white one in stock,a red demo they might sell and will have a mint 1600 mile used white one in stock as off thursday.My old one !
what he says ^ ^ ^
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
OplayneO

Thanks...snells here i come!
Old 25-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
OplayneO

...just had a look at snells website and they have the 696 @ £5750 + £121 reg and tax. In rider it is £5715 OTR. All probably will work out the same in the end apart from snells is 100 miles away! I will preorder it for march anyhow as i am out of the country in feb.

walpole68- any idea how much you old will go for?

cheers
Old 25-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
jimbo696

Try calling round the other dealers and see what they have, then you can make price comparisons.. I agree, Snells are a good bunch... but they don't need to offer deals on the 696 at the moment...
Old 25-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #8
walpole68

The best your ever likely to get is a couple of hundred pounds off any way and i would pay that for good service all day long !
Old 25-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
jimbo696

Good point Walpole...

Oplayne,
Get them to throw in your 600 mile service for free...
Old 25-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #10
OplayneO

I am happy to pay the asking for the bike, as you said jimbo they dont need to do any deals on a bike like this and won't. As i need a restictor kit i would like it if they would do this in the price and then some discount of clothing and big chain, anyone have any idea how much they offer off the clothing?

I just need to work out how much the sting in tail will cost me after the bike....ow!
Old 25-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #11
OplayneO

restricter and 600 mile service, worth a try! some barganing power maybe, although im not that good at it and will have 'i am going to buy this bike what ever' tattooed across my face when i walk into the shop.
Old 25-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
walpole68

I think that would be possible,get your order in now for the 1st of March and a 09 plate.Remember as soon as that first sunny day arrives,people think bikes and sales go up then no chance of a deal ! Nows your best chance.
Old 25-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #13
OplayneO

Cheers all, will let you know when i have one in the bag and how i got on. thanks again....
Old 25-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #14
jimbo696

The problem with clothing is that they only sell Dianese in most Ducati places, unless you go to Ducati Aylesbury...
Old 25-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
OplayneO

whats the lowdown with Dianese? i know its definitly not budget clothing. Sorry for the stupid Q's.

im sure they sell alpine star at riders and few other makes. i did have a brief look when i was in there but i was distracted more by the metal! Best i go back and see what they got.