UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi all.Still waiting

Old 16-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #31
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
If I was buying a new Audi the dealer would be ringing me just to tell me each time they fitted a new part to the car and precisely to the second when it would be delivered. I know this is different and happy to accept some of the idiosyncrasies of buying a Ducati - that is just the reason I am doing.

Interested to hear someone was thinking of maybe changing to a Duke. I was as well. Perhaps persuade my missus to get one so I can play on both...

I'll keep posting any news about the delivery.

Josh
Thats really strange,i work for Audi and know the level of service i have to give,which is a million years away from any Bike dealer.Even after my contact once again with my dealer on Sat they still havent got back to me,i have a KTM Duke on standby which i could be riding by the weekend,i want my Monster but not happy to put up with the rubbish service just to get one.Still hopefull. Joh[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel!

Josh
Old 19-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #32
MrsJel

Been told today that the pearly white bike will be here in July.

Nearly there.

Carole
Old 20-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #33
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJel View Post
Been told today that the pearly white bike will be here in July.

Nearly there.

Carole
Found out today mine will be at dealers on Wednesday so if yours due in July it should be built soon..
Old 20-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #34
MrsJel

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
Found out today mine will be at dealers on Wednesday
That's really good news.
Carole
Old 20-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #35
Snips

All good stuff - plenty of Summer left.

I've got exactly 1200 miles on mine this evening, if your experience is like mine, you'll love the 696
Old 24-06-2008, 09:23 AM   #36
Josh

Delivery!

Heard mine arrived last Friday. PDI today collect tomorrow! Just as a reminder mine was ordered mid March. Red. Have asked for Termi cans; anyone sticking with the standard pipes or made a choice on something different? Josh.
Old 24-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #37
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Heard mine arrived last Friday. PDI today collect tomorrow! Just as a reminder mine was ordered mid March. Red. Have asked for Termi cans; anyone sticking with the standard pipes or made a choice on something different? Josh.

Mine arrives tomorrow ready to collect on Saturday,they have pipes in stock but want £800,can i ask how much you have been quoted ?
Old 24-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #38
PeterPoddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
anyone sticking with the standard pipes?
Yeah, me. I reckon it sounds brilliant just as it is. Can't see the point in paying £800 for everyone else's benefit. I'd rather spend the cash on fuel and tyres and actually ride it....
)
Old 24-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #39
Josh

I plumped for the Termi carbon cans at £682. It seems a lot I know but the titanium are even dearer. with hindsight I might have gone for the stainless steel ones but sod it arrives tomorrow and the most important thing is that it sounds the part even when I'm having to tool round at zero rpm for a while. just for completeness it took 13 weeks from placing order to delivery. Anyone out there had any experience of dealing with Ducati Manchester before (before I say my bit about them)? Josh
Old 24-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #40
forresterone

Prices for the Termi cans ?????

What price are people paying for these termis ????? ive heard from £800 to £600, who's got them and how much did you pay ?, i think the stock cans sound ok, but are not the best looking cans ive seen, and obvisiously there's the weight issue too.Would i be right in saying the stock cans are manufactured by Remus?

Cheers Jeff
Old 24-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #41
squiffything

Quote:
Originally Posted by forresterone View Post
What price are people paying for these termis ????? ive heard from £800 to £600, who's got them and how much did you pay ?, i think the stock cans sound ok, but are not the best looking cans ive seen, and obvisiously there's the weight issue too.Would i be right in saying the stock cans are manufactured by Remus?

Cheers Jeff
Nah if they were all you would here as you pulled away would be Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

I'll get me coat
Old 24-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #42
PeterPoddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by forresterone View Post

Cheers Jeff
Oh give over! Listen to yerself will ya?

I wish everyone would just admit to the ONLY real reason anybody fits loud pipes - Vanity.
"Listen to all this money I've spent". "Look at the posh name on my cans" etc etc

There is no other reason. I know because I've done just the same.
Safety? Go on an advanced course instead and learn how to ride.
Weight? Try avoiding the pies for a couple of weeks instead!
Looks? - Just a designer name. It says bloody DUCATI on the tank already y'know!
Power? - You'll never, ever notice.

There's nowt wrong with being a poseur - Just admit the vanity and stop trying to justify it!!!!!
Old 24-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #43
squiffything

you are wrong PP If we really were into the label thing would we really do things like this:

I love the sound of my Termi's and it really does give a ducati its distinctive deep roar. I live in a town with one of the biggest Harley dealers in the country and it's all I get all day out of my office window but when a Duke goes by with a proper set of zausts on I just know and have even been out for a fag break just to see it ride by.

Maybe you just don't get the Ducati thing... Maybe your signature says it all Wap Wap Waaahh sounds more like a Vespa than a Duke I'm sorry but you may need therapy
Old 24-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #44
ashadam

Thats why people change the cans then, thanks you have same me a few quid.
Old 24-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #45
forresterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPoddy View Post
Oh give over! Listen to yerself will ya?

I wish everyone would just admit to the ONLY real reason anybody fits loud pipes - Vanity.
"Listen to all this money I've spent". "Look at the posh name on my cans" etc etc

There is no other reason. I know because I've done just the same.
Safety? Go on an advanced course instead and learn how to ride.
Weight? Try avoiding the pies for a couple of weeks instead!
Looks? - Just a designer name. It says bloody DUCATI on the tank already y'know!
Power? - You'll never, ever notice.

There's nowt wrong with being a poseur - Just admit the vanity and stop trying to justify it!!!!!
apologies for putting your nose out of joint...just wanted to know the prices of the Termis as there seems to be some variation