UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Another newbie

Old 29-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
Paivi

Another newbie

Joined some time ago in preparation of getting a 620. Instead, today I picked up a 695 at Daytona. Slightly ambitious for a learner, but fortune favours the brave!
Old 29-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
STIVH

Welcome and Good Luck................Lifes there to be enjoyed.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
eonan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paivi
Joined some time ago in preparation of getting a 620. Instead, today I picked up a 695 at Daytona. Slightly ambitious for a learner, but fortune favours the brave!
Hi mate...welcome. We like pictures here...come on, come on, gives a look then
Old 30-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
Paivi

Tried to attach a pic, but it's 880kb and the max allowed is about 30kb? Don't understand why my pic is so big or the limit so low, as dont' know what these things mean. How does one resize photos (I don't have any MS applications, and Adobe seems to be popping up every time I download photos from my camera)?
Old 30-04-2006, 09:42 AM   #5
Scotty

http://www.imageresizer.com/

but 30 k is very small , its been a regular moan since something happened somewhere but i had nowt to do with it

you would be best resizeing to a bit smaller ( i currently favour 800x600) and useing

http://www.photobucket.com/

to host the file and then just link to it
Old 30-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
Paivi

Just can't resize it to that small; so far have only one pic which can be seen here:

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1142

Mine's the one on the right, next to a friend's 620. Spot the difference!
Old 30-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
Pugi

Wow...brand spanking new. She's lovely.
Oh...and welcome of course!
Old 30-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #8
Jane

You lucky so and so getting the 695! We had already ordered my 620 when we heard about the new one, but when we went back to the dealer to ask if I could have one of those instead, we were told they hadn't even started making them yet so stuck with the 620. Welcome to the club, and have fun!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:15 AM   #9
Monkey Boy

Lovely bike and welcome to the club, mate.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #10
Paivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane
You lucky so and so getting the 695! We had already ordered my 620 when we heard about the new one, but when we went back to the dealer to ask if I could have one of those instead, we were told they hadn't even started making them yet so stuck with the 620. Welcome to the club, and have fun!
It was a bit like the Spanish Inquisition, wasn't it? I'd been looking at getting the 620 and all of a sudden, a friend of mine calls me full of excitement to say that the 695 is out. Top marks to Daytona, Ruislip for reserving it for me over the phone for over a week with no guarantee of purchase (no deposit either), when they could have sold it several times over, it being the only 695 they got. I have to say it does look a lot smarter than the 620, so I'm glad I didn't buy it earlier!

I find that it's a bit too tall for me, being just a wee female. I did ask for the seat to be lowered as much as they could, but I'm not sure if this is the case. I'll need to get my other Monster riding friend to have a look for me. It's just a bit too heavy if it starts to lean and I only have my toes to keep it steady.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #11
tamtbam@hotmail

You lucky git'ess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paivi
It was a bit like the Spanish Inquisition, wasn't it? I'd been looking at getting the 620 and all of a sudden, a friend of mine calls me full of excitement to say that the 695 is out. Top marks to Daytona, Ruislip for reserving it for me over the phone for over a week with no guarantee of purchase (no deposit either), when they could have sold it several times over, it being the only 695 they got. I have to say it does look a lot smarter than the 620, so I'm glad I didn't buy it earlier!

I find that it's a bit too tall for me, being just a wee female. I did ask for the seat to be lowered as much as they could, but I'm not sure if this is the case. I'll need to get my other Monster riding friend to have a look for me. It's just a bit too heavy if it starts to lean and I only have my toes to keep it steady.
It looks gorgous Paivi.
You'll have to give us a write up on it as i fancy one meself.
Welcome to the site by the way.
Tam.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #12
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Congrats. I think that might be the first one in the club.
It's Italian day at the Ace Cafe this Sunday and Italian night the Thursday after, why not take a run up.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #13
Chappers

Welcome!

Nice one, I fell in love with the gloss black one with red frame at Ducati Coventry on Saturday and am contemplating making a purchase this week but need to check on the old finances first.

Did you manage to get a good deal on her? The one I want is up for £4995 but have been promised a better price due to being a UKMOC member, first service free and possibly extra warranty.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #14
Chappers

Here she is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paivit.jpg (30.9 KB, 70 views)
Old 02-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #15
MilesB

What part of London are you in? Most of the surrounding couties have groups and arrange ride-outs... which is just as well - as the idea of a ride-out through London is

Welcome by the way - we'll make you welcome down Kent way.

Miles