UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Saying Hello

Old 20-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #46
big pete

Careful with over tightening Tom , you might strip the thread. Just gently go round the casing bolts(if thats where the leak is?) and just check they arent slack.
Old 20-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #47
tomscotland

Hi Big Pete and Ducmon. The leak seems to be at the casing on the very bottom. I did notice it when I first brought the bike home when bought it but it wasn't much so I just thought I'd watch out for it. Then the other day when I got home from a run out it was worse and leaked a bit more on the garage floor. I've gone round the Allen bolts very carefully as you say Big Pete and gave each a tighten. None felt as though they moved but it has helped although there's still a smear on the casing right on the joint line if you know what I mean. I'm wary of tightening them any further though - is there a gasket there ?
Hey Ducmon - how's Berlin ?
Tom
Old 21-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #48
big pete

Cant claim to be a Ducati expert but have a load of bike years behind me and 99.9% certain that there is a gasket there . What may have happened is that someone in a past life has had the casing off and what can happen is the gasket stretches or tears, a common sort is a smear of gasket compound for a quick fix, this MAY be the problem with yours Tom. Only real fix is to take off the offending casing and check and replace. Just make sure you note the position of the bolts as they are different lengths. Take your time and youll be fine , ideal opportunity for an oil change as well. lots of people on here to help to.
Old 21-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #49
Ducmon

Hi Berlin is a fun city if you know where to go. A pain in the asre though when you want to get out of the city for a quick blast. They are changing the speed limit around the city on the country roads 50 km/h for bikes only on a lot of the little lanes. To many rice cookers have crashed in the past few years driving at stupid speeds.

The music concerts are really good went to see Lenard Cohen this year and saw a loud band Saturday night at street festival ( a pony called Olga) who were really good. The police turned up at 9.30 to stop them as there lots of complaints from the surrounding houses.

David
Old 23-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #50
tomscotland

Hi everyone again - another qestion. Berlin - It's a place I never thought of visiting to be honest Ducmon ? I'll keep it in mind now though. Anyway now I read some comments which mention a code card for the bikes ? What's this then lol - I only got two two keys with mine and thought I was doing well. A black one which I took to be the spare key and then the one with Ducati on it which I took to be the main key, if you know what I mean. But no card ? Would my '95 Monster have had one of these and will I ever need one ?
Bye the way, can I get some luggage boxes for it and how do they fit on ? I'd like top box, not a big one though.

Last edited by tomscotland; 27-09-2009 at 08:37 PM..