UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » What is a tea tray?

Old 14-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #31
banditloon

A certain Valentino Rossi knows that RED bikes go faster
Old 14-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #32
benson

Tea tray - personally I like it on my monster because of having higher level pipes it just suits my bike - IMO...

Now - with the Buell I couldn't wait to really shorten the already very short thing and make it miniscule but the effect of riding through anything remotely wet is of course to leave a trail of interesting splashes up one's back, and not necessarily in a good way!

Putting tea on the tea tray, or not - as shown by Slob, is an integral part of still having the aforementioned tea tray thingy - but those of us who haven't been cut (ouch ) would always let those who have share a space upon which to place one's cuppa, fags, spex or anything else for that matter.
Old 14-03-2007, 11:24 AM   #33
squiffything

stealth planes fastest things Matt black nuff said
Old 14-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #34
banditloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiffything View Post
stealth planes fastest things Matt black nuff said
Only because I haven't fitted the wings on my Monster yet

Ok I must admit my mates Mini-Twin SV650 race bike was always faster with the black bodywork on, instead of the blue race fairing
Old 14-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #35
scrumpster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
Now that's clever - something to stub your fags out on.
I thought it was a speaker!! And multicoloured is the future!! And get a cow to lick your head if you are losing your hair
Old 14-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #36
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumpster View Post
I thought it was a speaker!!
Noooooooo... surely it's a barbeque grille? - used in conjunction with hi-level Supertrapp exhausts of course - Mmmmmmm! flame grilled...

xxx
Old 14-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #37
Paivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
Noooooooo... surely it's a barbeque grille? - used in conjunction with hi-level Supertrapp exhausts of course - Mmmmmmm! flame grilled...

xxx
Oh, good, I thought I was the only hungry one. I thought it was a toaster. Not being a tea drinker, I use my tray for holding my glasses when I struggle with the helmet. Top tip: it's sooo much easier to take the helmet off if you open the strap first.
Old 15-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #38
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Have angle grinder will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy View Post
Might bring it along to the weekender, Giler's got no hair and i think hes after re-living his youth

PS back to the tea tray thing...keep it....you can do great things with the old ones like,

Hmmm... nice bit of billet

We have something like that in the drain outside the kitchen, and it stops the leaves blocking it a treat

On the subject of tails - I prefer mine chopped but add a little something on to compensate for loss of tea tray...

http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/sho...o=1229&cat=531
Old 15-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #39
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
Hmmm... nice bit of billet

We have something like that in the drain outside the kitchen, and it stops the leaves blocking it a treat

On the subject of tails - I prefer mine chopped but add a little something on to compensate for loss of tea tray...

Well at least i now know leaves getting on the tray will be a thing of the past

I think you may have the ultimate tail chop ther GT
Old 16-03-2007, 06:46 AM   #40
squiffything

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post

There's always somebody who just has to go that little bit extra isn't there...

You know it a jealousy thing GT Gimme gimme gimme.
Old 30-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #41
jonno464

Hi all

I have bought a 2001 monster 600 that someone has chopped the tea tray off, and I would like to replace it so if anyone out there has chopped theirs of and still have the part of the frame around please let me know if you would like to sell it.

Many thanks
Jonathan