UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Newbie Alert

Old 22-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
Thumper

Newbie Alert

Hellooooooooooooooo!

My names Thumper and I have now been the proud owner of an M600 for 2 weeks

I have a bit of a hectic story so far.

Owned an M750 in 2002 and it broke a lot so gave it back to the shop but always wanted another one... well its only taken me 5 years to get another!

I bought my baby from Ad-Trader for the bargain price of £800. Its a little rough round the edges but I have been fixing it up a lot.

Fixing was 99% complete last Tuesday when a taxi decided to get a closer inspection of the tea-tray and shunted me into the car infront.

Sadly the lil Monster is a Cat C write off... but never fear I bought it back for £400 and come tomorrow (Monday) its 100% fixed again

I already know a few people on here; Stormie and Mrs (they've been helping me fix the Duke), Madhatter and Mrs and Markus. I am the annoying woman that keeps bringing the Z1000 to your Monster meet on a Wednesday in Husborne Crawley.

I also own a 2004 Kawasaki Z1000 (complete with S4R stripe!) and a 1989 Honda CBR400RR trackbike.

Heres some before and after photos of my baby and the others. The reason for the colour is the red petrol tank was leaking and I bought the entire pink bodykit off eBay for a bargain price of £75. I will get it sprayed in something special when I have the money.

I am bringing 'DaisyDuke' to the Trackday at Mallory park, I apologise in advance for the 80mph flat-out rolling roadblock
Old 22-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Welcome Ms Thumper! You're not the same Thumper that lurks on the Xt660 forum?
Old 22-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Welcome Thumper. see ya at the trackday then!
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
Thumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryXt View Post
Welcome Ms Thumper! You're not the same Thumper that lurks on the Xt660 forum?
Oh my thats going back a bit. Yes thats me!
Old 22-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
Chappers

Welcome Thumper - I'll see you on Friday at Mallory...I'm only spectating and I'm the one who'll be turning up in the bright yellow car

Speaking of Markus I saw him today for a couple of hours and spoke to Stormie whilst he was replacing the rear brakes - I can't beeeeeeeeeelieve he's taking his S4RS on the track on Friday!?
Old 22-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
Thumper

I took my 3 day old Z1000 round Silverstone, that was nerve wracking. I only took it as I had a load of trick bits and a paintjob on order so figured if the worst happened there was backup on its way LOL

DaisyDuke will be playing tailend charlie on the trackday, shes my baby and we'll be taking in the scenery rather than trying to set lap records

Look forward to seeing everyone, I'll look out for the bright yellow car!
Old 23-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #7
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Oh my thats going back a bit. Yes thats me!
...been a while since I looked in there too I've still got the Xt tho - perfect for commuting!
Old 23-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #8
Thumper

CaptMoto runs it now. I sold the XT and bought a CCM R30 which was a hoot, wish I'd kept the XT though as yeah, it was a great commuter.