UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Life after the Slow Monster Rebuild

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #1
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Life after the Slow Monster Rebuild

The slow monster will eventually get finished. Promise
I have a woodburner at home and a friend offered me some scrap wood to cut up and burn as it was cluttering up his shed. What he delivered was 1.5 x 8' x 4" fence posts and about 8 x 75" lengths of scaffel board. It was far too good to burn and I also did not have anywhere dry to store it so I decided to knock up a bike stand for the next project.
It turned out very heavy and strong and I wish I had designed it to accommodate casters but adding them now would make it too high.
I bought a front wheel chock/stand off ebay.
I managed to get the bike installed on the stand for what I hope will be a relatively quick project (c8 months) involving complete strip down, repaint frame, replace tank which is currently 5kg of ferric oxide, rechrome fork legs, rewire. I am pretty sure the engine is sound apart from a broken kick start spring, obviously I will change the toothed belt which drives the camshaft.
Here are some photos

Not sure if posting here will be allowed but it is a vee twin and it is Italian - also cannot find an active Morini website
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote