UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Which Monster

Old 21-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #16
cactus

Bike: M900ie
I have a 900ie and it's a great bike, I prefer the injection over the carbs. Which ever Monster you do eventually go for make sure it has a full service history, I don't know if you're aware of the importance of this in regard to Ducatis. When you do buy one continue with the regular servicing at the required intervals. Owning and running a Ducati is more costly than other bikes. Good luck and keep us posted.
cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #17
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Hello Dasee

We have a bit in common, you and me, Both looking for a 900 Monster.

There are a lot of helpful and sensible posts on here which kind of make me want to broaden my outlook.

My first Ducati was a 750SS.Loverly.! She sounded beautiful and was always willing to answer the throttle. But.. I used to get into trouble with it by ending up going faster than I thought I was, and the back tyre would hop about a bit in corners somtimes (Foggy stlye!).
A case of the tail wagging the dog maybe.?
She was hard work below 30mph, if I had to follow a tractor for very long for instance.

The 900 Monster was so different, comfy at any speed, from the sub 30s to whatever.
With this one I was in control of the speed, and both wheels always firmly planted.

I think the difference is not the motors, but the cycle. The CoG is better on the Monster and the wind on the chest provides a much better speedo than the one on the yoke.
I have never had a motorbike that fitted me so well and feel so right.

I also rode a demo "916" motored Monster not long after thier release, and it was just a 900+, with all the knobs going up to 11...Crisper in all departments, Brakes, Handling and urge.

So I think the key word here is MONSTER, the motor is secondary...Still holding out for another 900 though

Chers

Gazza
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote