UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » First blood has been shed...

Old 22-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #16
Gunsoku

Cheers Pomp1 and Funkatronic!

Rear shock should indeed be on the list - like you said, it's not high priority since it's fully adjustable as is, but a nice Ohlins with remote adjustments or a Bitubo one for the right price would be very tempting. Arrrgh - it's added to the list...

I've bought some paint of eBay (fiona_mcgowan123) - it should be a good match, they do colour code their cans - I've attached a photo of a test I literally just painted, I'll let you know how it hardens out. As you can see, I'm opting for Ducati Bronze as opposed to the stock silver.

@Fatboys - is that this one? That's a wee bit out of the way, but very much doable.

Geographically, I know **** all about London (and the UK for that matter) - am still aching to find good roads. Took a trip down to Pro Twins the other day and ran into some nice A/B roads there. These shires you speak of, where would I be able to find those?

And does anyone have a route planned out (Garmin/GoogleMaps) for this notorious Tunnel Run?

Last edited by Gunsoku; 22-06-2010 at 06:05 PM..
Old 22-06-2010, 11:04 PM   #17
vtaggart

Top post and bike,

cheers Vince
Old 24-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #18
Panther

Nice monster and blog

I've never seen a Honda Hawk before and though that looks quite nice. Then I realised you put a monster rear end on it. I also like the SS swingarm on it too, but that frame is no match or the trellis frame on the monster.

So whats getting painted in Bronze?
Old 24-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #19
Gunsoku

vtaggart & Panther, cheers!

Absolutely agree on the beauty of the trellis frame - for it's time, the Pro-Arm (SSS) and delta box frame was quite revolutionary though. And yeah, it's far from a standard Hawk - the tailpiece is a custom one-off made out of fibreglass and the tank comes from a NTV.

The bronze will be for the engine covers - very similar to what HM's have.
Old 24-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #20
Bodybag

Hypermotard engine covers aren't painted that colour, they're that colour because they're magnesium.
Old 24-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #21
Gunsoku

I know, but I'm cheap.