UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Monster too small?

Old 20-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
SEAGUL

Monster too small?

Hello everyone, Im new to the club and Ive got a little question to ask. After seeing the Ducati monster for the first time, I knew instantly that it was the bike I had been searching for. However I have been told by numerous people that the seating height etc would be too small for me as I am 6ft 4''.

I have looked around to try one out and to see if it is comfortable but havent been able to find one anywhere near my area. Are there any tall monster riders out there or anybody else who would be able to shine some light on this for me as to what they think about this.
Hope somebody can help out with this as I would love to own a monster.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 20-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
squiffything

Monster rider come in all shapes and sizes to match the bikes Get yourself a big 1000ie or alternatively chop your feet off but whatever you do get yourself one they are all you will imagine them to be

welcome to the madhouse
Old 20-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
spm23

I'm 5'11 and have jacked the back up of my S4R with the ride height adjuster to about half way. It's much better but now but it's a little low in the front. Forks are as low as I can get them in the yoke so have to live with it. You could always do like wise and if the front is too low get some longer fork tubes.
Old 20-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
As sad as it may be, you might find that it's a bike that's just too small for you.
The only way is to find yourself a dealer nearby and take one or two for a ride to get a good feel for it on the road. Of course you can jack the back up and maybe some on the front but it's down to how the rest of the bike feels for a giant like yourself.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
damon

im 6ft 3" and my s2r's not that bad since ive lifted the back end up a tad, she's pretty comfy so i cant see you having that much of a problem and besides most decent bikes are pretty small so its something you have to live with
Old 20-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
mystic

I'm 6'3''. Had a 695 and found it a tad small, but not uncomfortable and I ride a 90 mile round trip everyday.
The new bike fits much better and even though its only an inch higher it feels much more my size.
Don't write off as the bike for you til you've at least sat on one.
Personally I'd phone up and order one now!
Old 20-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
Scotty

get ya backside over to M&S on westgate road and have a sit on some

im only 6' ish and its a nigh on perfect fit , i can get my heda on the tank behind the screen without contorting my neck, and i can do a few 100 miles without my knees complaining (though thats not quite the case with rearsets fitted 300 miles tops then)

oh thats on us s4, an old 600 i had was noticably closer to the floor
Old 20-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #8
Mr Cake

I'm just over 6' and I thought it was fine on my M750... Until I caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window! Oh the shame! Even though I jacked it up I still dwarfed it. Go for a Multistrada or a Hyper-retard instead.

Dave
Old 20-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #9
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Jacking the rear up has no effect on the distance between seat and pegs.
That said Shandy and Sparesgeezer must both be over 6ft and don't seem to have problems.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
Mr Cake

That bit wasn't a problem, it was actually very comfortable. I just looked like a complete tw*t on it. Some might say thats nowt to do with the bike though

Did you win at the shooting, Rob?

Dave
Old 20-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #11
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

I have a M600 (1999) with higher rearsets and it still fits me at 6' 3". Looks a bit like a mini moto but what the hell!!

It will be a faster mini moto when ive fitted the 900 ss engine!

Yorkie.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #12
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat & Fiddler View Post
That bit wasn't a problem, it was actually very comfortable. I just looked like a complete tw*t on it. Some might say thats nowt to do with the bike though

Did you win at the shooting, Rob?

Dave
No... gutted! Gadget beat me by 2, I only managed 26/30 (I won at bacon sarnies though).
Old 20-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #13
Mr Cake

Haha! Good lad!!!

Oh yeah, a bone to pick! Guess who wants a £300+ pair of Daytona boots now!?!?!

Sorry, we digress. Yes, either shrink or move on laddie.

Dave
Old 20-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #14
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat & Fiddler
Oh yeah, a bone to pick! Guess who wants a £300+ pair of Daytona boots now!?!?!
I guess you must do Dave... since obviously we're all big enough and old enough to buy our own boots!
Old 21-09-2007, 06:32 AM   #15
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat & Fiddler View Post

There are so many things I can say..........

Last edited by Mand; 21-09-2007 at 06:54 AM..