UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi!

Old 04-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
DefTrap

Hi!

Al from Cambridge checking in ...

I'm a sports v-twin addict - have a modified Honda Bros in the shed, which is a work in progress (over 5 years) and a keeper. Recently also had a TL1000S but didn't really get on with it - too much arse in the air for my liking. That's gone and has been replaced by a fairly stock '98 M750ie, hence I'm pitching in here.

I'll be asking loads of questions over the next few months, attempting to find out the good and bad points of the monster and ultimately if it's a keeper or will make way for something else. I like fiddling with bikes, if it can be changed I like to change it, though I don't normally bother with cosmetics as I don't like cleaning bikes. So far I like it, although I have to avert my eyes when looking at things like electrics after years on Jap bikes.

Anyway, that's me. Sure we'll cross paths over the next few months ...
Old 04-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
Scotty

hey up , ahh you al be needing a soldering iron for your tool kit then only jokeing

plenty after market bits to spend your hard earned on the majority of which are easy bolt on's and the like
Old 04-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Hi Def

Welcome to the fold Al

LOL As a fiddler you'll like the Monster, I'm sure lots of people will come up with ideas for you to play with.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
Nickj

Dark

How long before the forces of the darkside descend and try to convince him to get out his hacksaw??
Beware Al the force of the darkside is strong and the mod kit does look quite nice ... OMG They're getting to me now!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
Scotty

you must resist, as an anti bike cleaner the chop is a bad idea don't do it
Old 04-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
Nickj

messy wires?

Think of the wiring as being carefully crafted and organised so that IF you get a problem it's easier to trace without having to hack the main loom apart. Hey that sounds almost feasible LOL had myself going there for a moment!!
Kinda true though, and the zippy ties offer you the ability to colour match to the frame or contrast, no little tags welded to the frame to break or rust off. Must be good design ..... or errr something
Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 AM   #7
DefTrap

*Must resist* taking out all those extra loops of cable and rewiring it ...