UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Biker Friendly Cafes/Hotels etc » Glasgow - hotels and parking

Old 07-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Question Glasgow - hotels and parking

Anyone got any recommendations for hotels in central Glasgow with their own parking (for cars or bikes) or for hotels which don't have their own car park but where there's a nearby car park which is ok to leave a niceish car or bikes in?

Glasgow council website only mentions a couple of car parks that have specific bike parking, otherwise there are on street bike bays. Would I be mad to leave a Monster in a Glasgow on street bike parking bay overnight?

Last time we were in Glasgow we stayed in a pub called the Babbity Bowster which had a little car park. Rooms were nothing special, but it was in a reasonably convenient location (Merchant Quarter - east of main city centre). Wondering if there's anywhere better (especially if we turn up on bikes this time).
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
dam

Hi,

Not city centre, but the West End (on Byers Road, lots of pubs & restaurants nearby). Has its own car park which is above Waitrose.

http://www.hilton.co.uk/glasgowgrosvenor

dam
Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
big pete

Premier inn just off high street in the Merchant city, doesnt get much more central! good resteraunts and pubs right close by and there is a watched car park Immediately over the road from it. I use it all the time when I stay in Glasgow. Ask for a room over looking the churchyard as well, really quiet.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
Gordon H

And of course if you're in Glasgow for an overnight and fancy a couple of beers in a pub wi character - The Scotia Bar in Stockwell Street is no to be missed. If you are of a literary bent, The Clutha over the street is worth a wee look.

Cheers

G
Old 12-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Cheers guys,

Will make a note of the pub names! A wee beer or two will definitely be on the agenda.

I liked the Merchant City last time we were in Glasgow. Found a nice pub/bar doing good Belgian beers but can't remember the name. (Because the first bottle the barman opened went was a bit lively and went everywhere, he let me have the remains of that one for free and gave me another one). There's also a South Indian restaurant I want to try (went to the North Indian one in the same group and that was good - think it was called dhabba after North Indian roadside cafes). The other half will be on a haggis-quest again, but I'd rather have a masala dosa!

After Glasgow, off up to the Priory Hotel in Beauly, and a couple of days exploring Highland roads and splendid scenery (and hoping the midgies will have packed up for the winter!)
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
Gordon H

If you're in Beauly, have a look at the Clachnaharry Inn on that side of Inverness - great views from the rear bar, good food, good spread of beers and "interesting" character........ (Jealous in the extreme - enjoy!!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: