UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Monster center stand.

Old 15-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #1
larsen

Bike: M750
Monster center stand.

I'm looking for a centre stand for my '98 750 (twin disc, external clutch slave) and was wondering if this would fit, or has anybody one for sale or leads? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stand-Mid...53.m1438.l2649

Last edited by larsen; 15-10-2019 at 06:30 PM..
larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
The one you linked to should fit a Monster, It looks like the one I have, but have not fitted.
Ducati did one as a kit that could be retro fitted, or you can adapt an ST2 one if you're a bit crafty.

The one in your link is missing a long bolt that goes in the normally empty, rearmost through hole in the engine cases. Sometimes there is a threaded insert in the right hand side of the hole, where a breather tube, wire guide is bolted.. The insert should just tap out with a long drift from the left.
You might also have to change the sidestand for a later one as the early one competes for the same mounting holes as the centre stand on the left side (the two M10 tapped holes.)

Don't expect a simple bolt on conversion, you might have to do some adaptions. It should just clear the exhaust pipes okay but the assistor arm might hit the left silencer.

I have a lower mudguard extension on my Sie and a floating rear brake torque rod, which make things very awkward indeed... I wish you better luck than I had.

Thinking more about the long bolt and through hole.. I believe that this picks up brackets on the exhaust on some later bikes, like 620ie.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 15-10-2019 at 06:52 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
larsen

Thanks for the advice, after thinking about it I've taken the plunge and bought it, they did accept a best offer on it, so all being well it's on it's way from Italy. Wish me luck with the fitting!
Old 01-02-2020, 11:26 PM   #4
larsen

Just a quick update, centre stand easier than I anticipated, relocated, different, side stand and one spacer, all done. I've also added the "carbon" fender extender, tank protector and silencers, braided hoses all round and a Ventura rack system. I now need a new project...anyone have a Guzzi 850/1000, Le Mans/T3/Spada etc. for sale?
Old 02-02-2020, 08:35 AM   #5
Moco1961

Nice job!, centre stands may catch on one day!, are you coming to the weekender to show your hard work in the flesh?
Old 02-02-2020, 10:08 AM   #6
larsen

I'd fully intended to visit last years event but something cropped up. I've pencilled it in my diary for this year again, day visit only, and I'll see how it goes.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #7
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Glad it didn't put up too much resistance. I think your longer link pipes to the silencer will give a bit more clearance for the assistor arm.
I'll look out for a flash of Blue at the Weekender..