UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Manchester Airport short stay car parking

Old 20-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #16
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
,Paul, check out my amended post, you want off at junction six coming from the east......apologies mate.....
Is it still 30 minutes max waiting enforced with ANPR there?
Old 20-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #17
Moco1961

Avro way

Hi mark, no ANPR over at Avro way as far as I know, it's got a waiting limit on but there is a long parking lay-by near Gregs which is well used, you can shuffle around in there. Another alternative is the Romper pub, Paul could slide in there waiting for the call and have a refreshment!
Old 20-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #18
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Quote:
Hi mark, no ANPR over at Avro way as far as I know, it's got a waiting limit on but there is a long parking lay-by near Gregs which is well used, you can shuffle around in there. Another alternative is the Romper pub, Paul could slide in there waiting for the call and have a refreshment!
Avro Way is double yellows, Mike. If you turn left onto Viscount Way and immediately left onto Argosy Drive there are parking spaces on the right for the employees of the industrial units. These aren't in the parking with barriers.

What time will you be there, Paul? One of the units is a customer of mine so I can ask them if it's OK for you to use one of their spaces
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #19
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC2925 View Post
Avro Way is double yellows, Mike. If you turn left onto Viscount Way and immediately left onto Argosy Drive there are parking spaces on the right for the employees of the industrial units. These aren't in the parking with barriers.

What time will you be there, Paul? One of the units is a customer of mine so I can ask them if it's OK for you to use one of their spaces
It will be early - flight lands at 06.40!
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 09:07 PM   #20
Moco1961

Chris, Avro has two very large parking , sorry waiting lay boys marked in amongst the double yellows , it's where everyone stops at Gregs for breakfast and indigestion !
Old 22-09-2019, 04:13 PM   #21
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Sounds like you should be OK then Paul, I can't see Greggs opening at that time!!
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 08:52 PM   #22
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Thanks all for your help. Just looked on Google maps streetview & there are signs saying waiting limited to 30 mins outside Greggs with cameras. Greggs opens @6.30 apparently.

Might be better at the Romper pub, I don't think they will be open at 6:30! & it looks like they have a large car park.
Old 23-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #23
Moco1961

BP garage

.....there is also a BP garage opposite the Romper, has a costa and marks and spencer, not sure what time the costa opens, taxis use the access Rd to wait up, it's outside airport durastiction .
Old 24-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #24
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Quote:
.....there is also a BP garage opposite the Romper, has a costa and marks and spencer, not sure what time the costa opens, taxis use the access Rd to wait up, it's outside airport durastiction .
Thanks Mike - that's coffee & breakfast sorted!