UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » 2005 S4R for sale

Old 08-09-2019, 04:40 PM   #1
Mdwysc

2005 S4R for sale

2005 S4R monster
I have owned this bike for the last 8 years (2nd owner). In the last 2 1/5 years it has done less than 300 miles so its time to part ways. For a few years I have not been well enough to ride it, I am better now but for short journeys only so I just don’t use it, a Land Rover lightweight is my next purchase. I used to change my bikes every year until I bought this, it is so pretty and rides so well that I kept it. I have had a big bike in my garage for 34 years. Its going to be a shock not having one.
It has done just over 12.5K miles in total. It has been kept inside and started and warmed up at least every month, something I have been fastidious about.
It has a good service record, I have taken it in for a belt change and full service once and it has had all its services before me. I am a chief engineer so all the rest of the stuff I have done myself, I don’t have the gear to tension the belts so that’s why it went in. It has had regular oil changes etc.
It fell over once in the garage and the tank had a couple of dents in it. The tank also has a couple of zip scratches in it which is annoying. The bike is 14 years old so has some corrosion around it but all cosmetic. I once got either diesel or something else on the screen and it stained the clear part however the rest of the plastics are good.
It has a few pro-bolt adornments on it including wheel nuts and reservoir caps etc, you can have the old ones which are still in a bag.
It has 2 almost brand new tyres on it, they have done about 150 miles.
It has the Ducati performance air filter fitted on it along with the Ducati performance ECU, the exhaust cans are std but the glorious inlet noise when you open the throttle must be heard to believed, it’s a heavenly sound! I have the original air box top and ECU, both of which work. I also took the collection box out of the exhaust with the Ducati parts but they have never fitted very well and I have always meant to put it back, just never have because its ugly.
I have both normal black keys and the red key, all the original manuals etc with the bike, all the MOT’s. It has a years MOT on it all bar a couple of weeks.
Any questions please ask. I am based in mid Kent and welcome any viewing, if you want to take it for a test ride that’s no problem but I must insist on a fully comp insurance certificate and the full amount in cash in my hand. I want £3,500.00 for it but would do a deal on a good condition Land Rover lightweight but the chances of that happening are slim! mdwysc@live.com or PM me on this site.
Marcus

Old 08-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #2
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
I'd have thought it's a bit of a bargain at that price.

Lightweights, always wanted one but never found a good on at a price I liked so had a few II's and a III instead. A 2A or 3 would have been nice.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
Jontifosi

Bike: S2r
Very tempted
Jontifosi is offline   Reply With Quote