UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » OE alternator side crankcase cable cover (1100 I think)

Old 16-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
OE alternator side crankcase cable cover (1100 I think)

Would anyone have the plastic cable cover and clips that sits on the leftside of the engine case to clean up the wires and vent pipes that are routed there?

I think it would be from the 1100 models or later but it should fit on any DS motor as far as I'm aware.

looks like this one

Old 16-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
These parts are so cheap (perhaps £10 for the cover [12] and two clips [8]) you might as well buy new. Give Craig at Moto Rapido a call (01962 873981) for a quote. Don't forget your UKMOC 10% discount.

You'll also need the special screws [23] and mounting screws [16]. The special screws go into the crankcase and have hollow, threaded heads, which the cover screws screw into.

Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
Dave G
Imagineer

Fantastic!, thanks.

I'll make a trip up to my dealer fairly soon and order the bits I think I'll need.
Old 16-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Of course, if you want to bling it up a bit, there are carbon alternatives available (at a price!).

Just one note of caution before you commit yourself, I used to have an S2R 1000 and the arrangement of the oil lines were different from my Evo. The Evo has both oil lines routed in front of the left crankcase while the S2R has one on the left and the other passes down the right side over the cam belt covers.

On the Evo, the top oil line follows the frame rail quite closely before dropping down into the cover (as per the above photo). On the S2R, I think the oil line drops almost straight down from the oil cooler and then curves under the front cylinder.

What I'm thinking is that your oil line might not be long enough to reach the top clip of the cable cover. (Certainly, the right oil line won't reach the cover at all.)

You might want to check out an 1100 (or 696/796) first and compare the layout with yours before parting with any money.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
Dave G
Imagineer

Cheers for the info.

It will be for my sc rather than the monster and I won’t be putting any carbon parts on that and I’d prefer the standard plastic, I’ve rerouted my oil hoses on both bikes but don’t mind them on show.
Old 16-04-2018, 01:42 PM   #6
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Love the polishing on that SC (I assume not yours, as it already has the cover you're after), someone's invested some serious time in that
slob is offline   Reply With Quote